The Buns are Done!!
Dave here. Tasha is probably going to get mad at me for posting this because I'm sure she wanted to be the one to tell the whole world. Anyways, the babies are here. This is the story of the days events. At 1:45 she went to her doctor's appointment for a stress test. She had been contracting most of the day, but when the doctor saw it he wanted to check her out and see how far she has dialated. She was at a 6. The doc. decided to admit her because he knew she was going to deliver soon . Around 5'ish she had dialed up to an 8 so that's when Dr. Ott got the call to come and finish the job. About 5:35 she started pushing and at 5:45 out popped Jack. he came out just fine. Right after that he did a quick ultra sound to check the position of the girl, turns out she wasn't in that great of a position. She wasn't as head down as we would've liked her to be, but Dr. Ott didn't seem to mind too much. He reached in grabbed her two feet and proceeded to pull her out feet first. Kind of reminded me of a dairy farm for some reason. Anyways. Jack was 5lbs. even and measured 17 3/4 inches. Aniston was 5lbs 1 oz. 18 1/2 inches.
They are both in the NICU of course and doing pretty well considering they were six weeks early. Jack is a screamer he is breathing very well on his own and seems to have no problems. Aniston on the other hand is on a low pressure oxygen right now. She is also doing very good. They are trying to work her lungs so she will get them opened up fully. Natasha is doing and feeling very good also. She claims she feels better after this pregnancy then she did with Aaralyn.
We're not sure how long the babies will be in the NICU of course. That all depends on the babies and their progression. All in all it was a good day. Tasha is probably going to delete this post as soon as I take the computer to her in the hospital, but I guess that is okay. She tells better stories anyways.
I took a bunch of pictures, but I forgot the camera at the hospital. You all will just have to wait until tomorrow to see them.

15 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's about time huh?! I've been religiously checking in to your blog to see if there was any news. I hope everything continues to go well. I'm sure they are as sweet and beautiful as can be!
P.S. The post yesterday with the link to Reflections of Christ was just what I needed and I want to thank you Natasha for posting that.
Yeah!! I can't believe they are here! And over 5 lbs?!? That's great! Congrats! We hope their stay in the NICU is a short one! Can't wait to see them!
Natasha-I am so glad that everything went so smoothly for you! It has got to feel so good to finally have those babies here. congratulations. I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Wow! They are here!!! And too bad your Dr. didn't make it back home! But Doctor Ott is a great guy! He is my in-laws home teacher!
I'm glad that they are both doing well, and hopefully they won't be in the NICU too long!
I can't wait to see pictures!
I'm glad everything went well!! Congrats and I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little ones!!
Yeah! I want to see pictures too. Good that they were able to stay in long enough to be 5 lbs. That is a pretty good size for twins. Congrats!
Congratulation guys! We're glad everthing went as planned. Can't wait to see pics.
Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures! Post soon!
Yea! Congrats! I probably won't be able to see them before I leave. So, post pics. I can't wait to see them!
Congratulations! I hope your little girls lungs fill out okay. Post pictures soon!
Welcome little ones! I can't wait to see them. I am glad to hear that delivery went well. Dr. Ott knows what he is doing! I can't believe that Aniston was bigger than Chandler...holy cow! I hope you all get to come home VERY soon! Let me know if I can help with AaraLyn or do anything at all.
Staci, thats 5 lbs. and 1 oz. Chandler was bigger than that if I can recall correctly.
You are right...I read it as 5 lbs. 10 oz. I was thinking there was no way! So sorry!
I CRIED when I read this post!! congratulations1! I am so happy for you and I'm sure you are so glad that they are both healthy and here. You give me hope that everything will go smoothly. keeping posting your experience and lots of pictures. they are both adorable!!!congrats again :)
Post a Comment