Saturday, June 28, 2008

Busy Week!

My sister has been here all week, so we've been really busy with fun things for the kids.

Monday we went to the Washington Community Center and swam. I forgot to take my camera in, so I will have to get copies of the pictures my sister took later. Aaralyn had so much fun going down the slides with Kaleigh and Carson and Bradley (my sister's boys)! Before when we had gone to that pool she was a little scared to go on the slides because the dump bucket would scare her. When the boys and Kaleigh were with her she didn't even notice the dump bucket. She would just hold on to their hands and go any where with them!

Tuesday we went to Jumpin Jacks. The kids loved playing on all the bounce things and going down the slides. It's nice because they have an area where the adults can hangout, while all the kids play.... and there were a LOT of kids playing!!! I think it's always busy there! At first Aaralyn was being grumpy and didn't want to go on anything, but after a little while, and Kaleigh taking her, she was happy to go down the big slides over and over! It was nice having Kaleigh there because she would just carry Aaralyn to the top, otherwise she would never have gotten up there!

As you can see in this picture, she was quite THRILLED when we first got there! Let me just say, if any of you go there, don't waste your money on this ride.... I think it went around 3 times before turning off, and it cost .50. When it stopped the first time Aaralyn begged for more, so I put in another .50 and it went around another 3 times! What a rip off huh? (It was cute though, after playing a little while she came back to where I was sitting and she said, "Money?!" She was begging for money for the ride... how does she already know about money? Oh no, it's already starting, and she was too cute to resist! I better learn to toughen up!)

This was a pretty tall slide. It was cute, she would go down by herself!

At least she was happy after playing awhile!

Wednesday we went out to Sand Hollow Reservoir. Kaleigh was sick, so she didn't go with us, but Aaralyn and Bradley and Carson had fun playing in the sand and the shallow water. Nicki and I just sat and watched and I got a little burned! My shoulders and knees still hurt! It's funny though, I just pulled my swim suit top up to let my belly tan a little, and it didn't burn, but my shoulders and knees got really red. Hopefully I'll actually get a little color, if it doesn't end up all peeling off... (Once again, I didn't bring my camera down to the water, so I will have to get pictures from my sister and post those later)

Thursday I had my u/s and doctor's appointments. My uncle is now out of town and doesn't get back until July 7th, so I hope to have these babies then... or sometime after. I was surprised that I am still at 3 cm dilated (a "stretchy" 3) and still 75% effaced. Ahh... I would liked to think that I was making SOME progress, but no, so I guess 9 more days doesn't seem too out of reach. After my doctor's apt. we had the u/s apt. We found out that the babies are both still head down in a good position, (YAY!!!) and they are now measuring at 4 pounds 9 ounces each! They were both exactly the same, which was something that they were hoping to see, so that was good news! The perinatologist just said that at this point they are starting to slow down in growth, so he wants me to start getting two Non Stress Tests each week... boo... Everything looks good with them, but since their growth is slowing they want to make sure the babies are getting stressed. Anyway, this means that I will have to go in twice a week and have them hook me up and monitor their heart beats. I think it is like 30 mins each time. It's kinda annoying that I have to be in the office more than what I already am, so I am not looking forward to that too much, but it's nice to know that they are doing good, so whatever I have to do for them, I will. Oh, I was also measuring at 39-40 weeks, and had lost a pound from last week. The last two weeks I stayed the same, and then this week I had lost a pound. I really don't know how this happened, because I eat ALL the time (and plenty of ice cream)!!! Hopefully the babies are just taking the fat off me, and still growing well (wouldn't that be nice)! So far I have gained 24 pounds. I gained more with Aaralyn (between 25 and 30 pounds). Hopefully this means that I will have an easy time losing it all too!

Also, Thursday night Aaralyn and I went out and watched Kaleigh and the boys fish at the city pond. Kaleigh caught a fish, but I think it died before they released it. There were a bunch of dead fish around edges of the pond. I don't think they do very well in the heat! Before going home we went to Arctic Circle and got ice cream cones. We got Aaralyn her own, and she made a huge mess eating it. I kept having to eat a bunch off hers and then give it back so she wouldn't drip it all over (see, I told you I eat lots of ice cream...). It was funny though because we got in the truck and she still had almost the whole cone left, but before we got halfway to my mom's house (not very far away), I looked back at her and she wasn't holding the cone anymore! I was all paranoid that she had just dropped it on the seat, so I pulled over and was looking all over for it, but when I asked her if she had eaten it all she said "YEP!" I couldn't believe that she ate that whole cone in like 4 mins! If the truck didn't have leather seats I would never give her stuff like that in there... at least if she does make a mess it just wipes off!

Friday we didn't do too much. We just all went out and ate lunch together, and later went up to my grandparent's house for dinner. Aaralyn had fun jumping on their little trampoline. Oh, and when we got home that day we noticed that our changing table came!

This morning we had fun putting the changing table together, and I finally got all the baby clothes organized. I am so glad to have the clothes sorted out by sizes and put away... now I am feeling ready for them to come. At least I won't have to worry about doing that after they come.

We didn't end up attaching the top part. I don't know if I should... if I don't then it can just be a normal dresser when we no longer need a changing table. I don't know, what do you think? I am planning on buying one of those curved changing pads, but is this safe enough without the wood sides? I haven't decided yet...

Most of the clothes are girl clothes, lucky girl huh?

I wonder how long all these diapers are going to last... not long enough, I'm sure, and there's more in the changing table...

It's a little disappointing to be pregnant and not get to do some of the fun stuff my family did today though... they all went up to Zions and went hiking (I think they did the Emerald pools hike) and then played in the water. I love going up there, but I don't think that would have been a good idea for us to go with them... maybe next time. Hopefully next summer we will be able to take the babies and do that stuff again, they will be one by then, so hopefully they aren't too big to carry around, along with a three year old. I just have to think that by next summer they will all be at good ages to go do those fun things together!

9 comments:

Tobler's said...

FUN! It sounds like you have been way busy. I loved looking at your pictures. Oh and Cooper loves the monkies on your background. :)

Amy Hummel said...

Wow, that is a lot of diapers. And the sad thing is that they will probably all be gone in a week or two! Do you have any preemie sized diapers? I know that you can get them in the Swaddlers. I love Pampers Swaddlers. That is what Tess wears. Calvin just wears Baby Dry because I don't care too much about his comfort. I just want him to start going in the potty already!

You have a ton of girls clothes! Do you have a lot for your little boy too? If anything, it will be fun to go shopping right? Maybe your husband can stay home with ALL 3 KIDS one night and you can have some alone time shopping. I try to get out alone at least once a week. It keeps me sane!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

we would go through 20-25 diapers a day (24 hours)when they were newborn. thats all they do eat sleep and poop any chance they get!!

The Mursets said...

Hey Natasha-

I can't believe you are having twins! That is so exciting! (You look GREAT!) I am not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but it was fun to see what you have been up to. Aaralyn is so adorable, I can't believe how big she is. Come check out our blog: themursets.blogspot.com

~Monica Murset

Jessica said...

Hey-
Yeah your babies have a better chance of coming home within a couple of days the longer they stay in right? Although I bet you can't wait to see them and be able to bend over without holding your breath.
Way to go on the pregnancy weight gain. I only gained 27 lbs this time (and ended 12 lbs under what I ended with McKenna.) I thought it meant I would be home-free but alas I still had 15 lbs to go at my 6 week postpartum visit. I had lost all the weight with McKenna's postptm visit.
Cason is 3 months the end of this week and I think I still have 5-7 lbs to go. But lets be honest, I haven't been working out at all. Don't have the time or energy. Gotta love those extra calories burned with nursing;)

Staci said...

If you don't want the wood thing on top, most changing pads come with a strap that you screw into the back of the table and they have a buckle that you can buckle them in.

Staci said...

I wanted to ask you about that potty training book. I think I am finally ready to read it and at least educate myself, if nothing else. I want to see if I can get Chandler interested at all, but I want to know what the heck I am doing first so that I don't make it harder than it already will be.

Chris and Jenna said...

The first night we were home from the hospital, we went through 12 diapers in about 6 hours. It's insane at first, but now I only go through about 8 a day. Not bad at all.

Cami said...

You are so prepared, I love it! just looking at all those diapers I was like wow.... that will be interesting! looks like you guys have been busy but having lots of fun. oh and thanks, I'm sure you felt like this too, but I feel SO BIG!haha pictures just don't really show it i think! plus everytime I post one I feel like I grow more overnight! Can I just tell you that I LOVE your blog and love that we are both having girl/boy twins!! so fun. we'll forever stay blogging friends!!ha do you have names picked out? I've been wondering that