My babies are almost 4 weeks old already!!! They are just now staring to be more awake during parts of the day! They would have been 40 weeks (or full term) on Friday, so I guess it's understandable that they are just now getting more lively! I don't mind them sleepimg all the time, but it's nice to see their eyes once in a while!
See, aren't those such bright, cute eyes?!
I really didn't think that I would tell this story, but I know of another of my friends who had said she had gone through this too (more than once), so I guess we're not alone...
Yesterday Aaralyn had taken a nap and I guess Dave had heard her knocking on the door after she woke up, so he went to let her out and found quite a disturbing site (and smell)!!! Aaralyn had woken up from her nap and she must have had to go to the bathroom really badly because there were little gibblets all over the floor and this...
...on the wall! AHHHH!!! YUCK!!! I don't know what she was thinking!!! She must have been quiet as a mouse because neither of us heard her, but obviously she was awake long enough to make this disaster! Needless to say, I was NOT happy!!! Dave, being the good husband he is, cleaned it up! One might think that this came from adjusting to the new babies, but wouldn't you think she would be acting out to them or other times? She hasn't seemed to be jealous of them yet, so I don't know where this came from! Anyway, please tell me that I am not the only one who has had a child do this!

7 comments:
McKenna did great adjusting most of the time, and then we would go through another adjustment phase, that sounds like what you are talking about.
It is like the first couple weeks she thought Cason was a new baby toy, and then she was ready for us to take him back when she realized he was always going to be there.
She never acted out on Cason but we would notice her do things that were totally out of the ordinary for her. Even if all she got was negative attention. Even now I can tell that she's thinking I'm spending too much time on Cason when she starts acting out because as soon as I put Cason down and read her a story she becomes my sweet little girl once more. It's tough finding a balance because obviously newborns have needs that must be met. She'll get better, although I'm sure you will get a few more good (and gross) stories out of the situation.
I'm glad Dave cleaned it up- I don't think Michael would have it that had happened to us.
I have to say I know exactally how you feel. McKenna did this numberous times, about 5-6. It was before she was potty trained, she would take off her diaper and make the mess during nap time. I would have a come apart. It was gross needless to say and I was pregnant. Oh, I hope you don't have to go through that again. What a blessing to you to have dave there to help! good luck!
You are not alone friend. Tolman, my oldest did this too, but it was also before he was potty trained. That is why we started our potty training because I was so grossed out and stressed out with having to clean up poop off the wall. Hopefully it was just a one time deal. Good luck!! If you need a break call me!
LeAnn
Jackson had a huge problem with taking off his diaper for the longest time--I was so happy for the day he finally decided to be potty trained! It may not even be because of the new babies--kids just like to explore and test their parents nerves! Is she potty training?
Ya, well, she's already potty trained... that's why I was so upset about it! She knows how to go on the toilet, but she just couldn't open her door herself, but didn't try to let us know she was awake either!
Jocelyn did something similar before she was potty trained. I know it wasn't the same as this.. but it's a funny story, so I thought I'd tell it anyway!
She was naked because we had just taken a shower. I was getting dressed and she kept yelling at me to come look at something. I told her to bring it to me. She came running in my room, as proud as could be, holding a handful of you know what. I guess it was my fault really... since I told her to bring it to me. She was just doing what I said, right?! She had went in the potty and wanted to show me. So she just dug them out. Now that's gross!
Those pictures that Amy did are awesome! I love them all!
Also, I'm jealous that your babies sleep! Nathan isn't even two weeks yet and he is awake ALL the time. Usually in two to three hour blocks. The twins are getting cuter and cuter everyday!
Post a Comment