Thursday, July 17, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It's been so nice being home all day today! The babies have been doing just fine except Jack isn't the best eater yet. It takes him quite awhile to finish his bottles sometimes, then other times he will eat really well. It's so weird because at night he's so lazy and then when he does eat he just gulps lots of air and is fussy for quite awhile. During the day he's a lot better and doesn't take as long, so I am trying to get him to eat more during the day so he won't have to work so hard at night to get through feedings, at least then he won't have to eat as much at night. This is what the NICU doctor suggested, so hopefully it works out that way. Let me just say though, I don't think there is a more gassy baby than Jack! All that air goes right through him because he rarely burps, so sometimes with how much gas he has you'd think it was coming from an adult! He's already all boy!!!

It hasn't been too difficult yet, but that's just because they really don't have any awake time yet. They pretty much are just awake long enough to eat and then go right back to sleep. Sometimes they aren't even very awake for their feedings, it's like they are eating in their sleep.

Aaralyn has been such a good big sister. I really need to take some pictures of her with the babies because I haven't yet! She likes to kiss and hug them and tries to help out by getting me things I need. I think the NICU time really helped her adjust to them before they even came home, because at first she didn't want to have anything to do with them and didn't want to touch them, but now she is sweet to them. I am trying really hard to be extra patient with her and give her more attention so she won't feel left out or ignored. I know it will be difficult sometimes because sometimes I'll have my hands full and won't be able to do stuff for her when she asks. It's so hard having to split your time between them and I know most moms feel a little guilty at the point because the first child never had to share mom and dad's time or attention before!

Oh, a few of you asked about me not being pregnant again... Well, we probably are done now, but who knows. I'm sure when Jack and Aniston are a year or two I will be baby hungry again... It's so hard to say how many kids you will have until you get there! My mom probably thought she was done after my sister and I, but then 10 years later she had my little sister, which they say was planned, so I guess you never know! I do like how close in age these kids will be though, so hopefully they will be best friends and get along... most of the time!

11 comments:

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I remember when I first brought Kylee home from the hospital. Annie felt a little left out and started getting herself into bed, etc. as if we didn't have time to help her with anything...well, that was her own assumption anyway. We felt so guilty we bawled our eyes out. We figured everything out within a week or so though and everyone felt taken care of. My point? Don't feel guilty about trying to juggle everyone right now, you'll figure it out and so will they.

Sam and Lacey said...

I am so glad they are home. It is such a good feeling isn't it.? I told you they wouldn't be there that long. It is so funny how the doctor's do that. Congrats!

Danette said...

Yea! I can't wait to see them! And I think it must be a boy thing because Sam was really really gassy at first...he could clear a room. It has gotten a lot better now though :)

Erin said...

Oh I'm so glad you are home! I'm sure that is so nice to be able to relax and not even get ready if you don't want to. Hey if you still want to do pictures, I would love to. Just let me know! Jess wants to come too!

Team Box! said...

Hey Congratulations on having your twins home, and also, YOU WON MY GIVEAWAY!!!
You can either pick out the stuff you want on my etsy, and leave a message on it. Or here's my email, we can do it that way too! Thanks so much for entering, keep an eye on my site for more!
its: brina7sab@yahoo.com

Clenece said...

I am glad all is well! Let me know if I can help with anything! Good luck!

Brittani Terry said...

Natasha-
How do I get started on digital scrapbooking? I went to some of the sites your have listed on your blog, but I am soo confused! I figure, I came to you when I had questions about blogging and now I know what I am doing, but now I need help on digital scrapbooking. I am just sick of scrapbooking because it is too hard with a toddler and a newborn, so my scrapbooking days may be over unless I can find an easier more convenient way to do it!!! Thanks NATASHA, my most talented nd creative friend!!! Also, how are the babies doing now that they are home? I remember when I got home with Madilyn that I was so relieved to just be home, but then that is when the sibling rivalry began. Abigail loves her, but she just doesn't understand that soft does not mean smack her across the face because it is funny. She's learning though and she is still so little and really doesn't understand!!

Brittani Terry said...

P.S. how did you also do the blog list where it tells you how long ago the person did their last blog. Because that I bet saves a lot of time that you spend checking and they haven't even blogged anything. SO MANY QUESITONS, sorry!! Get back to me when you can!!! No hurry!

Kim said...

Cute Cute babies! It sounds like you are doing well! Hey, could you send me your email address? You can leave it on my blog or email it to me at chic_style@live.com. Thanks

Staci said...

okay...wow. Is this background all screwed up on your screen too? It is so off and not centered whatsoever on my screen. Let me know because if that is the case I need to fix it quick. Sorry-that's emarassing!

Deedra said...

We hope you guys are adjusting well! Let us know when you're ready for company. We want to see those babies!