Our babies are FINALLY HOME!!!
We got to bring our babies home today! It's so weird having them here! I am sitting in their room typing this and listening to them. It feels so different this time around though because after being monitored day and night for the last 15 days I am so worried about them! They hadn't really had any "episodes" at the hospital except when Jack eats sometimes he gets so much air in him that he stops breathing. He will get so mad and turn red as he is trying to burp (or fart) the air out. Poor guy looks like he is in so much pain! I hope he learns to eat without swallowing so much air soon! It takes him so long to drink a full bottle and I have to stop him in the middle of drinking everytime so he doesn't fill himself up with air, then when I stop, his little belly feels hard and tight. It makes me worry about him!
.
Aniston is a really good eater and will finish her bottle in about 10 mins without any problems! I hope Jack catches on soon and does as well as she does. Today Dave suggested that we get out the baby monitor because they rarely cry, and they are so quite that we might not know when they wake up! The nurses said they were really consistent about waking up every 3 hours on their own yesterday to eat, so it looks like they are already on a good schedule!
.
Now I guess it's just time to settle into doing everything myself without all the nurses doing it for me! I asked our nurse today if they were going to send a nurse home with us... wouldn't that be nice?!

19 comments:
Hooray! It is such a strange feeling once you finally get home. You wait so long for it, and then you get there and it is like, now what? You will catch on quick though and life just keeps moving on. Even with a monitor we STILL don't know when Dylan is awake half the time. He just lays in his crib every morning being as quiet as a mouse until I go get him. I have to say that is one plus about the NICU, depending on how long you are there the babies are pretty much on a consistant schedule by the time you get home. Enjoy them. Let us know when you are ready for visitors!
Yay! I am so glad you are all finally home! I know things are probably crazy trying to adjust to everything (you guys are amazing!) Can I bring you a meal at least? I will call you and arrange it! Congratulations on bringing those beautiful babies home!
LeAnn
So glad that they are home! It was fun having Aaralyn over her to play! Raylie and her got along great! What a great big sister she is going to be.
I am so glad to hear that they are home! That is so fun! You will be an awesome mom of three! They looked so cute wrapped up in thier little blankets! :)
I'm so glad they're home now! Jack and Aniston are so cute! Let me know if you need any help in the next week! We need to get together with Cami and Danette while we're all in town this weekend!
What wonderful news! I hope they continue to learn how to feed well. And you look GREAT!
Your babies look beautiful! I'm so glad they are healthy and home. And although this is probably the last thing on your mind...you look amazing. I cannot believe you had twins two weeks ago, my baby is 3 1/2 mo old and I still have a lot further to go. Way to go!
Congrats! I know if they're too small for a regular bottle, but we found that the Dr. Brown's bottles were the best for keeping the air out of tummies.
Yippee! So glad to hear they are home. It's amazing Aniston is doing so well since she was behind Jack in the beginning. She looks smaller than him in some of the pictures. They look so cute in the little blanket burritos. I'm so excited.
yay! Im glad they didn't have to be in there to long. Good luck with everything!
I am so gald you got to bring them home already. Best of luck with your first night at home.
Yay! I'm so glad you finally got to come home with your darling little family. What a huge stress releif.
The twins are adorable!!!
Yeah!!! They are so cute! I am sooooooo happy that you got to bring them home really so early considering how early they were. I want to bring you dinner, I will give you a call soon.
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! And, can I just say DANG you look good! Look at your little flat tummy already! Lucky! I hope my body responds like yours! Congrats again!
Wow... I think you are skinnier than me! And my baby is over 4 months now!!!
I'm e-mailing you now!
YEAH!!! I've been waiting for this post! can't imagine how happy you are to have them home. Gosh I'll be asking if I can bring home a nurse too!!ha I really can't imagine how it's gong to be with twins so you need to let me know! especially having a toddler around.. how is Aaralyn taking it all? well congrats, I'm sure you'll be busy so have lots of fun with your adorable babies, lOVE those black and white photos of them!
Congrats babies! I wish I could see them in real life. Keep posting the pictures. Good luck!
Yay, your all home and together!! It's got to be SO nice! I bet it would be a little nerve wrecking.. but you will do great! Congrats!
I'm so excited they are finally home and doing well and well.....you don't even look like you just had 2 babies! You look great!! The babies look great too!! SO ADORABLE! I can't wait till we come visit someday and I can see them and hold them in person!! So how is Aaralyn handling all this? And you mentioned in your maternity pictures that you probably won't have a pregnant belly ever again? Are you guys done or can you not have anymore?? Anyway, I'm glad all is well!! They are cuties!! Congrats again!!!
Post a Comment