Day 3 in the NICU
I guess I should have mentioned yesterday that I came home. It sure was nice to sleep in my own bed, but I do miss not being able to visit the babies in the middle of the night so convieniently! Some of you had asked how I am feeling... well, not like I just had babies! I am feeling just great!
The babies had such a good day today! They both got rid of their IV's and are now sleeping in a crib together!
Early this morning I went in to see them and try to feed them, and Jack did such a good job at eating!!! I tried feeding him for about 20 mins and he ate for at least 10 mins straight, so he only had to take half of his feeding through the tube! They probably wouldn't have done any in his feeding tube, but we didn't know how much he ate. Before she hooked him up to the tube she checked to see if he had any air in his stomach and he didn't, but she pulled out quite a bit of breast milk, so that confirmed that he had gotten a good amount from the feeding, so that made me happy! (Don't worry, she put the milk back in... and when they do this, it doesn't affect them at all, the tube just goes straight into their stomachs so they don't feel you taking the food in or out, but at least this way they can pull any air out that might be there.)
This was right after I fed him, he was getting the remainder of his breakfast, and he was sleeping so peacefully!
It's so funny how the nurses plan out their crib bedding to match the blankets they have on... Right after they had put them in a crib together they had spit up on the main blanket, so they had to put a new one on, well another nurse (not my nurse) was changing the blanket and my regular nurse came in before she was done and got mad at her for putting a pink blanket down when both babies weren't girls! She was like, you know that one's a boy and one's a girl... I just said I didn't care, which I didn't, but she went and got a coordinating, gender neutral, blanket and changed it again! I just thought it was funny how much they think about these things... they are always so cute, like the one on Jack here... He has the jungle blanket, then the other two blankets match, but are more boyish blankets, then Aniston had a girly butterfly blanket and had a cute white furry blanket and the other blanket was pink (before she threw up on it).
Aniston has still been a little airy, but not quite as bad as last night. They both threw up a little after they had gotten them all set up in their new crib together, but that was probably because of all the upset of moving them around and being fussy during that time. 
It was so nice to come in and see them both in the same crib together! When I got there they were taking the old cribs out and cleaning them, so when I got in their room they were both snuggled up by each other! They say how much better they do once they get back together, so I hope this helps them! I just hope they don't throw up on each other! The nurses were joking about that, and so far they haven't, only just next to each other.
In this picture, it kinda looks like Aniston is talking to Jack. What do you think, do they look alike? They don't to me, but to someone else that doesn't see them much, they probably would. They have the same dark hair, but Aniston has a smaller, skinner head, and Jack's face is a little wider. I thought it was so nice, one of the nurses, Jake, was saying how lucky we are to have such cute babies, and I was like, ya, of course I think so, but what would you say to someone whose baby was ugly? He was like, I just wouldn't say anything! He was like, ya, we see a lot of babies and some are just.... He didn't want to be mean, but really, when you see a baby that's just not all that cute, you'd never say anything, but I think every mom thinks that her babies are the cutest!!! It was so sweet of him to say that though, he's a nice nurse! I have been so lucky to have all of the nicest nurses! When you have to be there so much you appreciate it when you like them!
Well, I guess it's time to get back to my babies! We are going to watch the fireworks from their room, since it faces right out the front, towards the park! Hope everyone has a fun and safe 4th of July!

10 comments:
They are just so cute! I hope that they continue to do well, so you can take them home soon. I am so glad to hear that you are doing well too!
They are cute!! It stinks that they spit up so much! both of my children were like that. I hope they get to go home soon!! As for my floors, i just used a srub brush and some soft scrub with bleach and it came clean!!
I'm so glad they are doing better! When do they think you will be able to take them home? Do they have any idea? I'm so happy for your little family! Congrats again!
we are so glad to see that you and the babies are doing so well. I love to look at your blog and see their progress. Good luck. We can't wait to come see them!
They are very cute! I am glad to hear that they are doing so well! That is exciting...maybe they will be able to come home sooner than planned!
What beautiful babies! Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear that they are doing so well, I hope that you get to take them home with you soon. I know how hard the NICU is (Jackson was in there for a couple of weeks). I'll pray for you and your babies that they will continue to get stronger! Congrats again! That's so exciting that they are finally here!!
Oh Congratulations! I've been gone so this was so fun to read when we got home! Your babies are ADORABLE! I'm so glad everything went so well. How long do they think the babies will be in the hospital? When you get home we'll have to do their pictures. I have your maternity pic CD made, sorry it's taking sooooooo long... my life has been too crazy. But let me know...
Oh good...I am glad that are making improvements. They are so cute and I can't wait to hold them! I am so missing the newborn baby stage and wanting another one! Hope you have more good news soon.
Congrats again! They are so cute together in their crib. Hope you get to bring them home soon. = )
It is so good to see them with hardly any wires and tubes. They look like they are doing really well. Hopefully they can come home soon!
Post a Comment