Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 7 Pictures

July 8th- 1 Week Old!

I can't believe my little babies are already a week old! Where has the week gone?

Not a whole lot of changes lately. They are steadily growing, but we are still waiting for them to catch on to eating. I have decided that I am going to just bottle feed them for now and work on the nursing once they get home. I just can't continue to do this NICU thing forever. I know it's only been 7 days now, but it sure is dragging and I spend so much money on gas running back and forth 3 times a day! I wish I could just stay all day long, but it's also been hard for Aaralyn with me gone so much. I can't wait for them to come home so we can settle into a routine and be able to spend more time with Aaralyn again, and of course, spend all day with the babies!

Jack now weighs 4 pounds 12 oz and Aniston weighs 4 pounds 10 oz. They both gained 2 oz since yesterday!
There's only been a few times that I have held them together because it's always so hard to pick both of them up myself. The only thing that helps is that they are bundled like little burritos, so they aren't so floppy. Hopefully it gets easier as they get more neck strenght! (or I guess I'll just get used to it..)
The looks on their faces is so funny! She has her little lips pressed together and he looks like he's saying, don't bug me, I'm too sleepy!

Aniston especially loves to snuggle up to Jack. Jack had spit up all over his outfit and the nurse had to go get some more clothes for him, so he was just next to her without his clothes on. They were so content laying there together. Jack didn't seem to notice Aniston so much, but Aniston just sat there for so long looking at him! I think they already have a special little bond! It's so cute!

She wasn't very happy here when I took this picture. In fact, the entire time I was here I didn't pick up either of them because they were so cute cuddled up together that I didn't want to disturb them. Besides that, everytime I would move the blanket, even an inch, Aniston would get upset and start fussing because she didn't want to be moved. I guess she was enjoying time with her brother! Jack couldn't have cared less... he seems to be a pretty chill baby so far!

1 comment:

Clenece said...

I think it is the cutest thing to see them want to be so close. It is so sweet! Best buds from the start!