Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 8

July 9th- 8 Days old

Jack gained another 2 ounces since yesterday making him 4 pounds 14 ounces, but Aniston sayed the same (4 lbs 10 oz). We started the bottle feeding this morning and Jack took about half of his feeding in the bottle and then the rest they had to feed through his tube. Aniston only ate about 7 mL, which is practically nothing, but I guess it's a start. Both are getting 46 mL each feeding. At the 2 pm feeding they both did about the same and at the 8 pm feeding neither of them were very interested, but Jack still ate about 10 mL. I think Jack is going to catch on a little quicker unless one day Aniston just decides she wants to eat. Jack tends to be pretty aggressive and eats quickly, but also swallows a lot of air in the process, Aniston on the other hand, takes her sweet time and sucks really slowly, so hopefully this will prevent her from filling her tummy with air and then spitting up a bunch of it. Both, so far haven't been too bad with spitting up and the issues that Aniston was having with her stomach are better. They haven't been pulling a bunch of air out of their stomachs before each feeding, so that's good!
Jack- just kicking back and relaxing!
This isn't a very good picture, but these were the only pictures I took of them today, so I had to include this one of Aniston, even though her face is half covered up.

3 comments:

Staci said...

I'm not sure about Aniston yet, but I totally see Dave in Jack. Cute!

Clenece said...

Cute little Jack. It is fun to see pictures where he is so alert.

Deedra said...

Those pictures of Jack are so precious! He is totally relaxing and looking cute!