Monday, July 14, 2008

Days 12 & 13

Jack and Aniston have been doing really well the last two days! They have been figuring out how to eat much better! Both of them have taken all their feedings today through the bottle, so I am hopeful that they will be able to come home tomorrow or the next day! Tomorrow they get blood work done and then they'll decide what to do. They really don't like to tell you anything specific so they don't have to go back on their word, or get your hopes up, but the doctor did say today that they should be home in at least a week, but I think much less! They have always said that girls catch on faster to eating than boys do, and up until yesterday Jack was going much better than Aniston, but now she's passed him up. Last night she pretty much took all her feedings, but Jack was a little bit of a slacker. This morning in rounds the doctor commented that they were worried about Aniston because she wasn't being the normal overachieving girl, but she caught on and fell into the trend. I guess that's good though because she's caught on so quickly. Both of the babies are still gaining weight steadily.

Oh, this morning I rode the elevator up with another NICU mom and I was asking how long her baby had been there and she said 10 weeks! She had her baby at 25 weeks, and he's just now starting to eat and get to the point of looking like he'll be coming home in the next week or two. I felt so bad for her! I cannot imagine! I feel like I've been such a complainer about my babies being in there for two weeks, but 10!? I don't know how you would do it! I feel pretty blessed to have two healthy babies that will soon be coming home!

I took a bunch of cute black and white pictures today, so I'll have to add those later. Last night the nurses we had were planning out their bedding and outfits to match and I was so sad that I wasn't going to be there right after their baths to see how cute they would be! They even had a little matching bow picked out to put on Aniston's head, and when I got there this morning it was still on, but while the nurse was changing her she took it off!!! I was so mad because I had gone to get out my camera to take a picture of her before it fell off and it was already off! How annoying! I did get one picture with it on though, because I set it on her head and took a picture! Oh well, I guess we'll have a lot more time ahead of us to put cute bows on and take pictures.

7 comments:

Danette said...

I hope they get to come home soon so I can see them when I'm there!! I'm glad to hear they caught on to feeding, that is great news to hear!

The Mursets said...

It sounds like they are making progress! I hope it really is in the next couple of days that you get to bring them home!

Staci said...

Oh good! I told you once they caught on they would be home in a day or two! I hope for your sake that it really is tomorrow or the next. That would be great. Then life really begins...

Deedra said...

Yeah babies! I hope they keep on eating and can come home soon.

Erin said...

Good news! I'm so happy for you guys. I hope they come home REALLY soon!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Yeah! I'm glad to hear they are starting to take to the bottle. Hopefully the doctors will give the A-Okay soon!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I am so glad they are both eating better. I hope you get the good news of being able to bring them home soon! Congrats!