And the countdown begins!
Today I had yet another doctor's appointment and it feels like we're getting pretty close! He checked me today and I was dialated to a 3 and was 75% effaced! I was about that not even a week before I had Aaralyn, so hopefully they will still be able to stay in there for two more weeks. I am really hoping to go on about the 26th just because I don't want to go any earlier, but if I go a week or two after that then my uncle will be out of town and another doctor will have to deliver me, which I don't want, so I am shooting for the day before he goes out of town! I will be 34 weeks at that point, and they should be big enough not to have too many problems. I would think that because I have already gotten the steroid shot their lungs are probably pretty strong, so hopefully there's no other problems that they will have to face!
Ya know what's really annoying? Having to see other doctors. I like how my uncle does things, I am comfortable with him and he knows what's going on with me, but the few times I have had to see other doctors they never know what's going on! Usually you expect that when the doctor comes in they will have glanced over your chart to see where you're at or whatever, but the other doctors I have seen don't bother! They would come in not knowing at what week I was or that I was having twins, so of course they don't know that I have to get a shot or any of the risks I have. It also seems like each doctor will do things differently too. Two weeks ago Craig measured me at 37 weeks, but then last week when I saw another doctor he measured me at 35 weeks. What? How is it possible that I gained two pounds that week, but I measured 2 weeks less, then this week I measured 38 weeks? So I went from 37 to 35 to 38. Weird! Then also last week the doctor wanted me to order another prescription of shots, which cost $50, but I'm sure I would only have taken one or two more of the 5 doses that one Rx gives you, so I would have wasted all that money if I would have ordered it. Well, I didn't order it and just waited to ask my uncle this week and he said that I was done. Good thing I asked! I am just glad that I will be seeing my uncle for the next two visits, then hopefully I will be done! Everyone always asks if it's weird that I see my uncle, but really, I am so glad that he has been my doctor! He's always so nice and I know that if there were ever problems I could trust whatever decision he would make. He is also so nice to say that I can always call him at home or on his cell if I needed to. He was really good with delivering Aaralyn, so I'm glad that he will be able to deliver these babies... so that's why I say that he has to be here when I go into labor!!!

8 comments:
Only two or so more weeks! Very cool! Hopefully the babies won't have to face too many challenges! My sister-in-law had problems her whole pregnancy and so they gave her the steroid shot and she ended up delivering her baby 7 1/2 weeks early and he was totally fine. She only had to stay in the NICU three weeks and that was just to get him eating enough. He was on a feeding tube and then they needed to get him to a certain weight before releasing them. So, hopefully the babies will have a similar scenario. Good luck!
Yea! I am so excited to see your little ones! I hope they stay in as long as needed.
I hope you make it two more weeks! Take it easy. Doctor appointments suck!
I am so gald that you have lasted thus far. Hopefully you'll continue to go further and keep them cookin! Good luck!
Tash, I'm sad I can't make the baby shower! But, guess what, Were moving down there on the 28th! We'll hang around for a month or so before we head to portland! I wan't to help with those babies when they come!!
I don't know if you've considered this... but I CAN take pictures in the hospital too...
I think it'd be fun to have nice hospital pictures. I went in and took pictures of most of my friends babies when they were in the hospitals. Not of the delivery of course... but later after everything calmed down...
HEy it's Cami. Thanks for the comment, I'm excited to make a book now. Congrats to you on twins! I have to say I was so excited to hear of someone else having a boy/girl cause I don't know anyone else! So I had to read your blog, and LOVE that you are so descriptive and have kept like a “journal” on your pregnancy thus far. I could ask you a million and one questions cause I agree, its SO different than one baby. I feel like I've never been pregnant before! but your story is great, it makes me so nervous cause it sounds like its normal to go early with twins plus you had contractions at like 30 wks and were at the hospital for a couple days! It’s been so crazy cause we are living in Philly right now but I planned on being back in Utah to deliver but our news about twins has changed everything! It’s so new to me, everything went sooo smooth with my first he was even late! I have a doctor appoint. on Monday so I guess I'll find out a lot then cuz its my first with knowing I have twins! good luck to you, and if you don't mind I'll be peaking at your blog and any advice you'd give out I'd love to hear it! take care you
Sorry I know this is long.. Probably regret commenting on my blog!! But One question: I’m curious about your countdown to "34" weeks….. so is that what you are aiming for? Or is that full term with twins? (obviously I know nothing!)
I didn't know that he was your uncle! He was my doctor and delievered both my boys--how cool! I'm so glad to hear that you are so close--I hope that all goes well! Best wishes!
Post a Comment