Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dinner


I got an e-mail from Pam the other day with a ton of recipes from all sorts of restaurants and it made me hungry looking though it, so today I decided it was time to actually make dinner. I had a list of things for Dave to go buy when he got home from work, and made him go shopping and help me make dinner. I first saw the recipe for Applebee's lemonade, which is my favorite, so I had to try that... it is definitely worth trying, if you want a good drink! I made mine with some peach flavor, by pureeing a couple fresh peaches, for extra flavoring. It's all in the recipe. They just suggested using raspberries or stawberries, but my favorite is peach lemonade, so I made that. Also, one of my favorite things is Orange Chicken from Panda Express, and fried rice, so we made the Benihana's Fried Rice recipe and the Panda Express Orange Chicken. The orange chicken is a little time consuming, but since we rarely cook like this, it was fun, for a change! I would even just make the orange chicken without doing the extra orange sauce, it would have been good like that! All in all, the dinner turned out SOOO good, and it was a nice change to eating whatever is in the cupboard... it was just going to be Macaroni tonight, so this was much better!

If any of you didn't get my foward of the recipe book, let me know, and I'll e-mail it to you! There's so many good things in there that I'm going to have to try... for those rare occasions that we actually cook! Thanks Pam for the e-mail!!!

3 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

I'm glad you liked the cookbook. I am totally excited to try some of the recipes! I'll have to let you know what I try!

Clenece said...

I love new recipes! I can't wait to get back and try some!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Yumm. I am going to have to try the orange chicken. That is a favorite of ours!