Monday, June 16, 2008

Enjoying the last of my belly

I say that I am enjoying it, and I do like it for some reasons, but I can say right now I like my belly more than most days because the last two days all I have been doing is laying flat in bed all day, so my back doesn't hurt. There will be things that I miss, but I am also ready to be done soon. Here's a little list of my pros and cons:

Things I like about being pregnant-

1. Eating anything and everything I want and never feeling guilty!
2. Feeling the babies move.
3, Looking pregnant.
4. The excitement of a new time in your life coming- waiting for them to come and buying cute things for them.
5. My extra healthy fingernails!
6. One thing that I have to be especially greatful for this time around is never getting leg cramps! I was up at least a few times every week with them and crying for Dave to massage my calf until it would stop seizing up! This time I have been lucky not to get any!

Things I don't love about being pregnant-

1. Back aches toward the end from being so big (and rib aches from the little girl being up underneath them)!
2. Not having control over the situation- if you'll get stretch marks, if you will have a delivery like you want and not knowing when the babies will come!
3. Getting shots this pregnancy!!! Who loves kneedles though?
4. Being terrible at being on "bedrest!" and not being able to do everything I want, like going shopping (although I have some) and playing as much as I normally would... (although, again, I probably have done more than I should some days too).
5. Heart burn and a extra small bladder! Really, your organs have no room in the end and nothing gets the space that it needs, so you have to eat less and pee more!!! Which also contributes to one last thing that I won't miss... the sleeplessness from getting up all the time to go to the bathroom and the pregnancy induced RLS! This pregnancy I have learned that Dave snores a lot, which I never noticed before because I would have been asleep! I am always so amazed at how he can get to sleep in just a couple mins and it always seems to take me at least an hour each night!!!

These were just a few pictures my mom took of me a few weeks ago. I just have to document how big my belly is getting because soon enough I won't have this huge belly any more, and I'm sure I will quickly forget how big I was!

It's kinda weird because my mom took this picture probably a week or two before my shower and we played a game that they had to guess how many inches around I was, but when we did it at my shower I was measuring like 39, I think. I must have eaten a lot just before this picture!

I thought this was a cute picture of Aaralyn touching my belly! I love her little leg sticking out like that!

How sweet huh? I was teasing her that the babies were kicking her and I would make my belly bounce and she would get all excited. I try to get her to feel my belly while they are kicking but they always seem to stop just as she will put her hands on my stomach. Then of course, she's never patient enough to wait until they kick again. I wonder how much she really understands that she's soon going to be a big sister and have a little brother and sister. I wonder how she will be with them and what she'll think of them, especially when they cry... It will be interesting to adjust to them once they get home!

7 comments:

Cami said...

I love this post!! It's so true that there are pros and cons about being pregnant but when they finally come into this world you forget about the things you disliked about being prego! The pictures of Aaralyn by your belly are too cute! She's going to be a great big sister! I'm sure you've thought about this.. but I've thought how I feel bad a little because they won't have as much attention with one baby around and we'll be having two! they have no hope!! haha it will be a big change for them I think.. change for everyone I guess! You are way cute though, big belly but SO tiny!! do you even wear maternity pants!? I'm carrying so low,and my pants and getting tight so I think I'll be getting some soon!

Danette said...

Those pictures are so cute!! I have to say there are some days I miss being pregnant...but those are usually only the rough days where it would be nice to have one child on the outside and one child on the inside (there much easier to take care of when they're still inside!) Anyway....I am excited for you and you have a cute prego belly!

barrellofmonkeys said...

You are such a cute pregnant woman! I love the pics!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Are you kidding me? 39 or 40 inches is all?!? Last I measured I was 41 inches and I only have one baby in there and still have almost a month left. NO FAIR! Cute post though! Leg cramps, heart burn, back aches, and small bladders ARE NOT fun!! hehe :)

Cami and Mitch said...

Natasha-I am glad you posted some belly pics before you deliver. I haven't checked your blog for a few days, but I should probably be checking it more often because it sounds like these twins could come anytime. I am really excited to see pictures of them but I hope you can keep them in there a little longer. The baby shower looked fun, wish I could have been there. good luck with everything!

Staci said...

I bet your belly measured smaller the other day because they have changed positions are are getting in the "position" to deliver..ya know..down in your croch. Don't miss that part. I so miss being pregnant though. There is just something about it! I dont' miss feeling so fat though.

Clenece said...

You are such a tiny little thing, with such a cute belly! You look better then you feel.