Long Night, Boring Day...
Well, we were expecting some Father's Day presents yesterday, or early this morning, but I guess not! Yesterday I started going into labor and ended up going into the hospital at 10:30 pm. When we got there all they wanted to do was stop me. The nurse called my doctor and he wanted me to take Nifedipine (to stop contractions) and have an IV and get more steroid shots. After she gave me the Nifedipine she checked me and I was at a 4+, so she thought for sure I wouldn't make it past noon today. They wanted me to make it at least that far because the steroid shots come in twos, and are supposed to be taken 24 hours apart, but in my case they were going to give them 12 hours apart because they didn't think I would last that long. My contractions lasted all night and were pretty strong, but after checking me a couple times I was only dilating to a 5, and I don't know if I've dilated any more than that now. So all night I just layed here noticing how the contractions were always between 2 and 5 mins apart, but to my surprise it wasn't really getting me much further! I guess those Nifedipine pills really helped! For the last few hours today I haven't really had many contractions and they have gotten a lot milder, so I guess we probably aren't having these babies today! I was hoping, because they had pretty much stopped, that they would let me go home today, but the doctor said that he wanted me to stay here over night and be monitored. Okay... So either they need to stop completely so I can go home tomorrow, or they need to get going and just get these babies out! I would like to go another week or so, so I guess hopefully they just stop and I go home!
I was really scared though yesterday because when I first came in the nurse was talking like I wasn't really going to get much option for delivering any way but by c-section, which I have been hoping to avoid, but after voicing how much I was hoping for at least a chance at a vaginal delivery she was like, Oh, well, don't take my word for it... Later, after talking to my doctor again that night she said he had told her that baby B was breech so it was going to be c-section if they were in a complicated position... So once again, my goal of vaginal delivery was looking far away. She said though, that he would do an ultrasound in the morning before delivering and check to see their position. Well, at about 6:30 this morning he was in and did an ultrasound and surprisingly the girl had changed positions since our last u/s 2 weeks ago, and is now also HEAD DOWN!!! Both babies are vertex and in just the perfect position, so for now, we are thinking that I should be able to have a vaginal delivery! I was so happy! All yesterday and last night I was trying to visualize what I wanted and praying that the babies would cooperate so that we had a chance, and it looks like it worked!!! I just hope they stay in this same position until the time comes to deliver! They went from both being transverse a month ago, to now both being head down, GOOD BABIES!!! Now, all we have to do is wait until they are ready to come... or my body thinks it's time! We'll let you know what happens... right now it's kinda one day at a time since I am at a 5 and 90% effaced, who knows, I could last a week or two, or I could go tomorrow. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Oh, and hopefully I have lots of new posts to read on all your blogs, because it gets really boring sitting here in the hospital... at least Dave brought the computer over so I had something to do! Thanks Babe!

9 comments:
Good news about vaginal delivery! I am so happy for sake! As far as being ready to deliver...not so happy. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can hang on another week or two. Please let me know if you want us to take Aaralyn for a while. I'm sure Chandler would love. I'm here if you need me...
Good thing I checked your blog today. I hope everything is going ok for you and those sweet babies. I will keep checking but if you need anything let me know. I hope you get to deliver the way you want. You are so brave. It is hard enough to have one baby let alone two so I think you are awesome! Take care and we will keep you in our prayers!
LeAnn Knighton
COngrats on the good news that they are both head down!! I hope they stay that way for you! I still can't believe you are having twins!! I am excited to see pictures but hopefully they wait at least another week...even though you're probably ready for them now!! Good luck with everything and keep us up to date! (as much as you can)
For sure keep us posted on what's going on! Yey for both babies being head down. Hopefully things can go like you want! Good luck!
How exciting. Maybe the babies will come before I move away. I would love to see them. Good Luck. I think you are good to go.
Wow, so you are in the hospital right now??! Hopefully everything goes well, and you can come home for at least a little bit. And if you do go ahead and deliver, hopefully the babies do well enough to not stay in the hospital too long! Good luck to the 3 of you!
Congrats on the chance to deliver vaginally! Lets hope those babies stay head down!
And your shower looked fun!
I have my photography site up and running as of today. It's at amyhummel.com. The contact form isn't working right now... but you know my e-mail address so it isn't a problem. Do you have my phone #? If not, it's on my website.
And pay no attention to the pricing page. It doesn't apply to you!
So the hospital becomes your second home huh!!? Are you still there right now? or have they sent you home cause they stopped your contrations? I too hope you have a vaginal delivery since that is what you want! I too want that as well, I am scared to do a C-section (of course I will if I need too) but that will be awesome if you can, and it sounds like they are getting into position! keep us posted and good luck!
Sounds like good news... especially if they stay head down! Well take it easy and hopefully you can last until 34 weeks. Good luck and let me know if you need anything!
Wow, they are trying to come early! That was a close one. Hopefully they stay in a little longer so they are nice and healthy when they come.
Post a Comment