Our Babies
So I don't know when these babies are going to come!!! We thought for sure a week ago they would be here, along with my doctor and all the nurses at the hospital! They gave me that medicine to stop my contractions long enough to get the steroid shots in me, but then they ended up stopping all together, which was good, but of course, a little disappointing, just because I was excited to see them! Since then I haven't had much going on. I have contractions all the time, but they usually aren't too strong and don't stay consistent. I'm glad that the babies are getting more time to grow before they come, but I am sure getting anxious! It's looking like my uncle probably won't be here to deliver them because he will be leaving in 4 days, so we have to have them in the next 3 days, or wait another 2 weeks after that for him to get back! I was thinking today that I just need to find out if Dr. Thompson would deliver them if my doctor is gone so that I have a back up plan. I hate the idea of not knowing who would be my doctor, especially if it's some doctor I've never seen before. I just want to feel prepared, ya know!? I feel like I have absolutely no control over the situation, which I don't, so I would at least like to feel prepared with a back up plan! I just wish I knew when they would come so that I didn't have to think about it until then! Who knows, they may not come until July and my sister will miss them altogether! Sorry if they do! I guess she'll just have to come back and visit next month!

3 comments:
The longer the babies cook the better! Let them stay in there as long as they can! I understand you wanting to know who is gonna deliver you baby though..... Good luck and keep us updated!
Natasha-I know you are anxious, but they will be SOOO much healthier if they stay in there for a few more weeks, be good abt bedrest and shoot for when your uncle comes home then maybe you can take them home with you when you leave the hospital :) 3 weeks is totally do-able !!
Annie came the day before my midwife got back in town from vacation. I had the on-call midwife who I'd never seen before and he was no help at all with calming my nerves...in fact he slept most of the time as did Kendall so I was a bit nervous and dissapointed at that. I think it's a good idea to ask your pick of a back-up to be ready just in case they come while your uncle is out of town. We're excited to see them as well, but yes, be good with the bed rest thing...I know it's tempting to get them out. Get some good sleep if you can before you're up all night every night. Good luck!
Post a Comment