Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Home

Well, I guess I never really said that I came home yesterday. I was hoping that they'd let me come home since I wasn't doing anything at the hospital, but they still made me stay that extra night to monitor me. I was happy that they didn't keep all the monitors on me all night though, because I couldn't sleep with all those cords all over! I would try to roll to one side, but then one of the babies' heartrates wouldn't be on the monitor, so I'd have to lay on my back again. Anyway, at least I got some sleep that night and then at about 9:30 yesterday morning they let me come home. I haven't really had any contractions since then (labor contractions at least- just some braxton hicks), so who knows how long I might last. Before I left yesterday they checked me again and I had gone backwards! I went from being at 5 and 90% effaced, baby A at a level 1 and back down to a 4, 75% effaced and Baby A level 0... I didn't know it was possible to go backwards, but I guess since I wasn't in labor any more, it all relaxed and thickened up a bit!!! I hate this waiting part! I just wish I knew when they'd come, be it tomorrow, or a couple weeks from now! I hope that they will stay in until at least this weekend or the next.

My sister will be coming this weekend and staying for two weeks, so I kinda wish they would come this weekend, so that she will be able to help out while she's here. At least if they do come and are in the hospital for a week or two my sisters will be able to babysit Aaralyn while I'm at the hospital! Hopefully all the timing works out so that she can help and I will go just before my uncle leaves for vacation for two weeks!

I am kinda surprised that they ended up letting me come home though, because they said when I first got there that since I was at a 4 then, they wouldn't let me go home... since I didn't end up being in labor they let me, but who knows, if I'm at a 4 it could go pretty fast once I go into labor again, or it could be another week or two. There was a girl in my old ward who was at an 8 and still working! Luckily she worked at my doc's office, so if she had all of a sudden gone into labor she'd already be there, but wow! Can you believe that she was at an 8 and not doing anything! It's surprising that that little baby didn't just fall right out!!! Anyone else dialated to 4 or more, and how long did you last that long?

5 comments:

Staci said...

I really can't believe they sent you home. It is better for your sake I guess not having to hang out in the hospital. I am shocked that they didn't just keep you there though so that you were stuck in bed to keep them in as long as possible. Sometimes I wonder about doctors...

Staci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deedra said...

I'm glad you're home and doing okay. Being at the hospital is no fun. Look on the bright side, those babies have a few more days to grow!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I was at a 3 for 2 weeks with Annie then a 4 for another week and a half until she came 3 weeks early. I was a 3 with Kylee for 3 weeks until she came 2 weeks early. Good luck!

Clenece said...

I am so GLAD to here your babies are still baking inside. The longer the better for them...just not for you. Good luck from here on out.