Monday, June 23, 2008

Aaralyn

Lately I don't think I've posted much about Aaralyn, so this one's dedicated to her.

She's been growing up so much lately! I can't believe how smart she is! She has been learning her numbers and can count to 13! Also, I am starting on the alphabet, but I think that's going to take a little while. I got a cute Winnie the Pooh book the other day that has numbers and ABC's and it has a little CD that goes along with it. She loves to try to sing the ABC song on there, but doesn't know the order of the letters yet. It's cute how much they love to learn! She's also getting better at her shapes and colors, but we need to work on those more. Sometimes I am just amazed at the things she knows, and don't know where she learns them!

The other day we were at the store and she saw this big stuffed Mickey hanging up on a display and she wanted to hold it. Dave told her to reach for it (although it was like 10 feet high). She was so cute, she stretched out her arms as high as she could and said "reach!" After she realized she couldn't get it she told Dave, "ladder." I don't think I've ever really talked about ladders. Dave said she probably picked it up from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. How smart huh?!

Oh, another funny thing she said the other day... My sister got here the other day and she was telling Aaralyn that Carson had lost one of his teeth. Aaralyn looked at her like she thought she was ridiculous and said "lying!" Haha!

Also, a couple weeks ago we were at my parent's house and we were sitting outside watching Aaralyn play in the yard. We were telling her to do the "hot dog dance" (from the Mickey show) and so she started dancing around. Then all of a sudden she stops and sticks her hip out and says "stick it." I don't know what that meant to her, but it was so funny! I love this age, she is such a character!
This was just a side story... last night we went to that park near our house again, for a little walk. We were hoping to see some rabbits again, and get some pics. We did see two rabbits and a bunch of lizards, but I took this picture not knowing if I had caught the rabbit, but I did just barely catch it. If you click on the picture you can see the jack rabbit at the top of the hill.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

K- your stories are sooo cute. It makes me smile because they sound so much like McKenna. I love the lost tooth story the best. They grow up so fast. Two years ago I just had McKenna and Arralyn was only a couple of months old. Can you believe it? Thanks for the site for cute backgrounds. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I know it must be hard to have to be prepared for them to come each day. . .and yet knowing the longer they stay in the healthier they will be.

Jessica said...

sorry-I realized I spelled Aaralyn wrong. .whoops

barrellofmonkeys said...

I love the yellow outfit and cute bow! That girl gets more and more stinkin cute as she gets older!!!! I love the tooth story. It is hard to believe she is just a few months older than Kyler...she is really smart!!