Sweet Family
This weekend has been full of firsts! Yesterday Jack started really crawling! For a month now he's been able to get up on his hands and knees and just propels himself forward, and back down to his belly. He would do this to get around, but yesterday he finally figured out how to move his hands along with him to crawl! It seems like it's been a long time coming!
Today Aniston started saying "Mama!" She's been pretty close for the last few weeks, but just babbled, now she'll copy me and say mama! She has been such a happy baby! I bathed the kids in the tub tonight, which rarely happens because normally everyone showers. It's always been easier for me to shower and do the kids at the same time and then hand them off to Dave to dry and dress them, but tonight we tried doing a bath with the babies. I didn't really know how Aniston would react, since it's been quite awhile since she's had a full on bath, but she LOVED it!!! She is going to be a little fish! She didn't care that Aaralyn would splash her in the face and she loved it when I would bounce her around in the water or let her float on her back! She was giggling like crazy! I was holding her and letting her float when she said "mama." I love how sweet and serious Aniston is, but she really has a fun and silly side when Aaralyn teases her! She just LOVES Aaralyn!
Aaralyn has been a good big sister. She has times when she gets a little jealous or steals the babies' toys, but for the most part she just likes to tease them and play with them. Tonight in the tub she told Ani, "You're my best friend!" How sweet, huh!? I hope they grow up really being best friends!
Jack's opinion on the whole bathing thing? NOT A FAN! When I first put him down in the water he screamed! He was so scared and hardly let me bend him to sit him down after that! He really likes showers, but he's definitely not a fan of baths yet! Hopefully he'll come to love the water over the summer.
I am always amazed to see how opposite Jack and Ani's personalities are. Jack is becoming such a mamma's boy and will cry when I walk past him if I don't pick him up! Aniston is happy to sit on the floor and watch people. She loves when Aaralyn plays with her and doesn't mind when Aaralyn gets a little rough! I think Aaralyn will have a little shadow when Aniston can walk. Ani has been so interested in crawling, but ends up going backward. She gets up on her knees, but has to push herself backward to get there! She ends up in quite the awkward places sometimes, like under the chairs in the kitchen or half under the bed in our room or between the furniture. She usually doesn't make a fuss until she's stuck and can't go anymore. Everyone comments how serious she is though, like tonight when my grandpa Astle said that she was having a staring contest with him!
Jack on the other hand, can't keep a straight face if someone is talking to him or looking at him. He's super smiley and happy and it shows in his whole body! He's very busy and is always grabbing at something, faces, clothing, jewelry or toys. Of course, once he gets them, they don't stay dry for very long! Aniston will hold something and turn it over and over in her hands and it doesn't have to go near her mouth. I'm very surprised by this! It seemed like Aaralyn would put EVERYTHING in her mouth up until like 18 months, but Aniston doesn't drool or eat everything! I'll be amazed if she stays this way! I think this is my favorite age so far with everyone! I'm crossing my fingers that things continue to get easier and go as smoothly as they have these last couple weeks! I am just loving my kids right now!

1 comment:
That was a really fun post to read. I can't believe Jack is crawling already. The bath story is interesting. My little boys always loved their baths, but I never even thought of showering them. It's great that Aaralyn and Ani are becoming good friends.
Post a Comment