Friday, February 13, 2009

All Things Girly- Hair, Make-up and Jewelry

Yesterday my mom and I went to Claire's and got Ani's ears pierced! She was so good and only cried for a second. Today Dave had gotten her out of bed and I noticed that the back of her earring was missing, so I had to put a new back on it. We had the same problem with Aaralyn's original earrings- the backs fell off several times, so I thought I'd just put different backs on that would be better. Well, BIG mistake! As I was trying to pull the back off the other earring I accidentally pulled the entire earring out of her ear! I tried and tried to put it back in, and Aniston didn't fuss, but I just couldn't find the end of the hole! I called Claire's to see what I should do and didn't get an answer, then Dave called them and they didn't answer again so I decided that I was just going to have to force it through. I didn't have to force it in, but I did end up getting it back in! Well, I learned my lesson! I was so scared that she was going to have to get her ear pierced again! Poor girl, but she was soo good and was only annoyed that we were trying to make her hold still!

Aaralyn loves getting into my make-up. I wouldn't have been too happy about her getting into my lipstick, but I don't wear lipstick, so I didn't care. I think she'll need a little practice if she wants to wear lipstick when she's older!
Here's one of my first attempts to braid Aaralyn's hair. I haven't braided for a long time, so I'm not very good at it, and all her wiggling makes it even harder!
I took this picture awhile ago, but I forgot all about it because I haven't used that camera in awhile. Aaralyn's hair is getting so long! She's usually pretty good about letting me fix it. I normally have to fix it so it's all up or it ends up looking like a mess in no time. I wish it would stay this pretty all day!

2 comments:

Clenece said...

I don't know if I could ever pierce my little girls ears....I am too chicken for one. I am glad you got it back in!

Aaralyn's hair is so long and pretty!

Deedra said...

Aralyn's hair really is getting long! She's a cutie!