Monday, February 2, 2009

The eyes have it!


I have been learning some things in Photoshop and found out how to make eyes "pop." This was one of the pictures that I was trying it out on. I didn't change the color of my eyes (besides saturating the entire picture a little), I just sharpened them a bit, they look kinda cool. I just wish I had some light eyed babies to take pictures of so it would work even better. (I wish I could photoshop my skin in real life to look like this! Wouldn't that be nice!)

7 comments:

Amy Hummel said...

You can also create a duplicate layer, use your selection tool to select only the color of your eye. Select "inverse." Then on the duplicate layer select "color dodge" in the layers menu. Then with the inverse selected... erase everything but the eyes. Then of course, you will want to tone down the opacity of the eyes, or you'd look like a demon. But, that's how to add some boost to the color... along with using the unsharp mask to make them "pop."

daniellejackson said...

Pretty! I used to be into photoshop a lot, it's fun! That's crazy Adam is in your ward. Is their little girl about Aaralyn age?

Erin said...

You so need to teach me... I'm not as brave as you are. It looks good though.

Mariesa M. said...

Wow! That looks really good!

Laura said...

This isn't about your picture but about the damn...I mean dang....no I mean dam. Hee-heee :) We have been going to visit the DAM for a long time now and it looks like fun....well kinda educational anyways. I think Chad will talk me into going now since ya'll inspired me. Take care! L

Erin said...

Thanks for that website... I love it. She has AWESOME, FREE actions. I love them all, thanks for sharing!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Sooo pretty. You are finding out all kinds of cool tricks!