8 Months!
Today the babies turned 8 months old! It didn't really hit me how quickly they've grown until this last week when both of them are now crawling! Wow, they aren't tiny babies anymore! I will try to take some pictures of them tomorrow.
Here's what they're up to:
Jack
He is into EVERYTHING! He will pull himself up to anything he can get a hold of. He has discovered the VHS slot in the VCR and loves to push it open and look inside. He also found out that he can pull himself up to the couch today!
He finally learned to like baths. I put him in with Aaralyn the other day and he loved splashing in the water while sitting and was having fun on his tummy trying to crawl around in there.
He is very much a mamma's boy! I have only gotten to take Aniston with me to Relief Society once because he always wants me!
He is such a good sleeper! He always sleeps on his tummy. He immediately rolls to his belly when I put him down. He really only sleeps in his bed, and rarely does he sleep in his car seat, unless we continue moving! If we stop at a light he wakes up and starts screaming.
We had to move Jack into the pack-n-play and Aniston into his crib because we were afraid that he would fall out since he stands up in there. We really just need to move the mattress down, but just haven't gotten to it yet.
Jack is so expressive and has either the biggest smile or is screaming. He has a big range of emotions!
He says "mama" when he wants me or is upset.
Jack is such a little explorer and loves to follow me around the house and find new things. He is such a good baby and I just love this stage right now!
He still wears a bunch of his 3 month onesies, although, he has grown a pound in the last month because yesterday we weighed him and he was 15 lbs 10 oz. Not much for an 8 month old!
I cannot get anything done if he's on the floor. If I'm folding laundry in the front room he's in my lap in a second trying to get my attention. He's very grabby and has to get his hands on whatever your holding.
No teeth yet, but plenty of drooling. I'm hoping that they'll stay away until he learns to drink an entire meal of milk out of a bottle or sippy cup. He's getting a little better at drinking out of a sippy cup, but only will take a few sips.
Aniston
She has a much smaller range of emotions than Jack and is usually just happy. She only cries when she's really hungry or Jack or Aaralyn hurt her. She doesn't smile for people she doesn't know very much, but she LOVES Aaralyn and laughs and giggles at her. Even when Aaralyn is being a little rough she just loves the attention from her.
She also loves the bath, but doesn't splash as much as Jack.
Aniston really observes people. She watches what you are doing and is content to sit on the ground if there's lots of things going on around her.
She started crawling a few days ago! Once she figured it out she pretty much took off! She's not as smooth or quick as Jack, but she's learning. I think she's been watching Jack and taking notes!
She loves to sit on the floor and watch Baby Einstein.
She always wakes up happy, unlike Jack who usually wakes up crying (until he gets food!).
Aniston is still a little chunk! She loves her bottle way too much and still refuses to eat any cereal or baby food! I guess I'll just have to keep trying.
Still no teeth, or really any sign of any.
I painted her toes for the first time the other night while sitting in the truck at Wal-Greens waiting for a prescription to be filled (along with Aaralyn's toes).
She loves to shake her head 'yes.' She'll get so into it that her whole body will be shaking too! She was even bobbing her head and body to the music while we were sitting in the truck the other day.
Sometimes I think that she understands most of what I'm saying because she will intently listen to me and if I tell her to get up on her knees she will or she'll shake her head almost in response to my questions. She'll smile like she's knows what she's saying. I think she's going to be SO smart and do very well in school because of her good personality and attention span.
She says "mama" and "baba" (bottle) when when she wants to eat.
Ani is still the happiest, calmest baby around, but can have a very LOUD scream if she's ready for her milk and has to wait very long. She usually gives some warning grunts to let us know she's getting hungry before the screams begin. I think the screams come from deep within because they aren't high pitched.

3 comments:
They are so cute and your photography is awesome!
I'm glad you wrote about what the babies are doing. I can't believe Jack has been pulling himself up to things, having just turned eight months old. He'll be walking by ten months, I'll bet. It's probably good that Aniston is taking things a little more slowly.
Wow, I didn't realize how old they were getting. Hey, if you're interested, my sister Sabrina just started a new blog selling her watches and has a bunch of new ones. You can find it by clicking on her link from my page. I'll put a button up for her soon.
Post a Comment