March Birthdays
March is full of birthdays for my family! My Brother-In-Law's birthday was the 17th, my sister's was the 18th, my dad's was the 22nd and Aaralyn turned 3 today! So happy birthday to everyone in March!
I can't believe that Aaralyn is 3! It doesn't seem like she's been with us that long. Here's a little of her birth story:
The day Aaralyn was born it was Sunday morning and we were getting ready for church. I went to the bathroom and thought my water had broken, and thought I was having some contractions, but wasn't sure so I called my mom. She didn't know what to tell me for sure either so I called the hospital. They said to come in and they'd check me. I waited a little while because I thought I was in false labor because contractions don't START out being only 3 mins apart!!! I was confused because I thought it would take me all day for them to get so close! (This was around 8:00 am) We got to the hospital at around 8:45 and by then my contractions were so strong I could barely walk into the building, which it didn't help that we first went into the wrong door and had to go back out and walk to the right entrance!
When we got into L&D they looked at me like it was no big deal and that we had all day. It seemed to take FOREVER to get to the point of her checking me, but when she did I was already at an 8, that's when she said, "Oh, so that's why you acted like you were in so much pain!" Um, ya... I am in active labor here lady!!! They got me all ready in the room and they checked me again and I was at 9+, but LUCKILY I was able to get my epidural in time. The entire time they were calling my uncle (Dr. Astle) who was bishop of his ward and conducting that Sunday. They had paged him while in the middle of Sacrament and when it was over they paged him again and he rushed to the hospital thinking that it was me. He got to the room still dressed in his suit and checked me and I was at a 10 and ready to push, so he threw on a gown over his church clothes. Oh, I have to add here, I asked him at this time how big he thought this baby was going to be and he said, "not more than 7 pounds." At 10:53 Aaralyn was born (total labor time of around 3 hours). She weighed a whopping 8 lbs 5 oz and was 20 inches long. She was so cute with all her black hair!
Happy Birthday Aaralyn! We love you!

6 comments:
Happy Birthday!! It is crazy isn't...it seems like just yesterday we were both prego with our first babies and now look at us!
I hope my labor is that quick!! Wow!
Happy Birthday Aaralyn! Wow, your labor was quick that's crazy!
Hope she had a fun birthday!
Hope Aaralyn had a fun birthday. Three years old already! I remember the morning she was born. We were in Church when Dave was trying to get hold of us. Someone said he had called, so I could hardly wait to get home to call him back. Then I got a cold and had to wait two weeks to see her. Bummer! She was such a little doll - and still is.
Happy birthday Aaralyn! Cute pictures!
Happy Birthday! We had fun at her birthday party, thanks for inviting us!
Post a Comment