Thursday, March 12, 2009

Little Stinker!

For the last week I have been trying so hard to get Jack to take a bottle or a sippy cup. I just know that he needs more liquids that I am giving him, but he is so stubborn and WON'T take a bottle! I have been so afraid that he's been dehydrated because comparing his wet diapers to Aniston's, hers are about 4 times as wet! He has been such a little monster the last couple weeks! Most days he will cry several hours out of the day and it's probably because he has headaches from the dehydration! I don't know what to do with him! I feed him baby food 2 or 3 times a day to keep him full, and try each feeding to get him to take a sippy cup but he doesn't even try to drink from them. Just yesterday I got a little feeder thing so he can chew on fruits or ice, so hopefully that gives him a little extra fluids (he loved chewing on a banana through the mesh). I think he did end up drinking about an ounce of Pedialyte out of his sippy cup, over the entire day, so at least he's learning a little! I am just hoping that if I continue trying the sippy cup over and over he'll slowly learn, right?! I know it has to get easier soon! I feel so bad for the little guy! I hate to see him in such pain and look like he is starving to death! He's just so stubborn and super clingy right now! I just had to add this to my blog because I'm sure I'll look back and think this is a little bump compared to other trials I may have, but right now it's the biggest one! I'm just glad between his fussy times I get lots of smiles out of him to make it feel all worth it! He's such a sweet little guy and I just want to see him healthy and happy!

Darn it Jack, just take a bottle already and gain some weight! You're such a little squirt!

2 comments:

The Schmutz Family said...

Hey Natasha! Your blog is so cute. Branson was WAY stubborn too but Maycie drinks out of anything. Have you tried letting him drink from your water bottle if you hold it? Both of my kids have loved that and actually did pretty well with it. Good luck though.

Chris, Chrissy, & Landon said...

Hey, thanks for the comment. Yeah that happened to us. I stuck my finger in his mouth to keep him from biting his toungue. I didn't know what was happing to him. And technially your not supposed to stick your fingers in their mouths during a seizure...but I did it too! And I knew better. But he's doing alright now...but girl, that was the scarest thing i've ever had to go through. Honest!