9 Months
The babies will be 9 month on Wednesday but I have been anxious to write about all the new stuff they have been doing, so I'm doing it now.
Both of the babies got their first tooth this last month! I thought they'd never get them! It sure took a long time! Ani was actually the first to get one (the first time she was first to do anything!) and then the next day I noticed Jack had one too, Jack can't be outdone!
(Jack showing off his first tooth and his nice bruises... at least he's getting a little less clumsy!)
Jack FINALLY caught on to bottle feeding! I worked really hard to get him to take one for over 2 weeks and he's now done nursing! It couldn't have come at a better time because he got his first tooth about that same time... so luckily I don't have to worry about nursing a baby with a tooth!
Aniston learned to pull herself up to things. She will stand up to things and then scream because she doesn't know how to get back down. It's pretty funny!
Aniston really tries to mimic things we say. I've been trying to teach her to say "Hey baby" and she mimics the sounds really well! She also says "mama," "baba" (bottle), "baby" (which kinda sounds like baba), and "hi." She's very social and loves to talk to anyone who will listen. Jack, on the other hand, doesn't care about the social stuff much yet.
Jack has been such a happy guy since he started taking a bottle and it has to be because he actually gets full now! I think I was starving him before! I think he'll finally start gaining some weight!
Jack is pretty good at walking while holding my hands. I predict he'll be standing on his own and trying to walk in the next month. A few times he has been able to stand on his own for a few seconds before falling down. The other day I was trying to get him to stand and after he realized what I was trying to do he would just sit down as soon as I would let go of him. He's good at falling to his bum when he thinks he's going down, which has made it much easier for me. He also learned how to bend down and pick stuff up then stand back up while holding on to the couch.
We went up to SLC a couple of weeks ago, which was the second time we've gone that far with the babies and they did really well in the car! That was right when Jack was learning to take a bottle and it made it so much easier for him! I was pleasantly surprised that they did so well.
Dave and I got to go on a real date together yesterday without all the kids! We've only gone out without them all a couple times, but never this long. More about that in the next post.
Lastly, this month the babies got to take their first bath together! Up until now it was too much work to get them in together, but now that I'm not worried about them sliding all over and drowning, they can play together in the tub! I think it was more exciting for me than it was for them.

4 comments:
They are getting SO big. It's crazy how the time flies.
They are getting so big! It's always neat reading about your twins!
They're getting so big! Don't wrry, Sam just barely got his first tooth a couple weeks ago. He got both his top teeth at the same time.
How cute! I am sad I missed her B- Day party. Dax was a monster that day so I took him to the doc and he ended up having bad ear infections again.. Anyways I hope it was fun and your pics are too cute.
Post a Comment