All smiles!
Jack started smiling (on purpose) on Friday! I didn't get very good pictures of it, but when my mom was over for dinner she got him to smile a ton at her! He has the cutest BIG smile when he really gets to it, but I didn't get a picture of any of his big smiles. These ones are just sort of half smiles.
Aaralyn was also cheesing it up for the camera!
As you can see here... Jack is getting to be so chubby! I can't believe how much he has grown! We weighed the babies the other day on my mom's scale and we figure they are over 9 pounds now! I guess that's not really a lot considering they are 2 months (today!), but it seems so big compared to the 4 1/2 pounds they were at their lowest! We have their 2 month appointment tomorrow, so we'll see exactly how much they weigh then.
Jack still loves to be held all the time! I never wanted a really clingy baby, but after having Aaralyn I always wanted a baby who wanted to snuggle, and I guess I got my wish! We went from one extreme of Aaralyn never wanting to sit on our laps, to the other with Jack ALWAYS wanting to be held! He is still sort of a fussy baby, but not too bad. I think it's just because he is always so gassy. Hopefully at our appt. tomorrow we will be able to figure out if there is something that we can give him that will help because regular gas drops don't seem to do anything and I just don't think that it's just his personality to be fussy. I think it's just that his tummy is always bothering him. I'm not too happy about it, but he's becoming one of those babies who has to sleep in our bed so that I can get some sleep! He will cry at night and I will get him and feed him, but as soon as I put him back in bed he will start fussing again, so he just ends up in our bed for half the night! It's just a good thing we have a king size bed so that we have room!
Aniston, on the other hand, is a wonderful sleeper! She slept through the night for the first time last night! At least I consider it sleeping through the night... she went from 11 to 5! I thought it was pretty good! The other day when my mom was over and Jack was smiling at her, this is what Aniston was doing... sleeping, the whole time, in her car seat! She hasn't smiled yet, but she has such a calm and content personality! She is more serious and quiet. When she's awake she will just look all around and be totally happy just sitting there. I'm glad for that because I don't think I could handle two babies that had to be held all the time!
Yesterday we had our first full day at church since having the babies! The babies both ate once while we were there and slept the rest of the time in their car seats! We were actually there for 4 hours because we had to get our recommends renewed after church so we were there longer and we were both so surprised at how good they were all day! They slept so much! It sure would be nice if most Sundays went this way! Aaralyn also loved being able to go to nursery again. I feel bad that we haven't taken her for a little while since having the babies. It's nice to think that we can get back to normal life again since the babies are a little older now! We're finally settling into our new family!

10 comments:
Wow... Jack is a chubby little man! They are so freaking cute! I can't believe they are 2 months already. Nathan ends up in our bed usually as well. He spits up so much and wakes himself up. But, if I'm there to hurry and wipe it up and stick the binkers back in his mouth then he'll stay asleep. I've been doing better though. I've been trying not to keep him in our bed until the 5 or 6 am feeding.
What a fun stage to see Jack starting to smile. I love seeing newborns do new things...especially giggle.
I am glad to hear everything is going good! I LOVE Jacks chubby cheeks...They are darling!
Ask you dr. about hyscyamine (I think that is right) it made a HUGE difference for Cason's gas. Good Luck. They are so healthy!
They are getting so big!! Sam is the same way as Jack. Fussy, wants to be held, ends up in our bed. He is getting a lot better, so I think there is hope for you!!
What a cute blog! You are so dang skinny! Thanks for the jewelry party, I love my necklace and earrings! Easton used to take off his diaper at nap time too. It was gross!
Thank goodness Aniston is such a little sleeper. I held my babies 24/7 it seemed like. I could even cook dinner, wipe a toddlers bum, and vacume with a baby in arms! Fun memories but I am glad that they are all bipeds now :)
I love how chubby they are! So CUTE!
wow they are getting huge! what a cute family you have! Are you still making those scrapbook things for babies? if you are i want to get one from you. if you're not..don't worry about it-you are busy enough:)
They are both so darling! Looks like you are all doing really well. You're a trooper! You survived your 1st full day of church with 3 little ones. Way to go!
Post a Comment