Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to blogging...

Wow, it's been awhile since my last post! Yes, I have three kids, but that hasn't really been the reason I haven't gotten a chance to blog, but I'm back now, so here it is...


I have been working on an etsy site to hopefully sell some of my jewelry and other crafts. These were just a few things that I have made the last couple days so I haven't had a chance to put them on my etsy site yet, but I will soon.

I made these cute wall hangings and will be putting these on my site also, but for custom order so they get the colors they want and can add their own pictures. After I made the second one, I realized that I was going to run out of ribbon, so I went to Michaels today to try to buy some more, but they don't have any of the same pattern, so I am going to have to put different ribbon on it, I also still have to paint the edges of the picture board, but I think it looks pretty cute. I was really happy how the smaller pictures finished off my wall display. Ever since we put it up I've never liked how it looked. I have changed what was in the box several times thinking that would make it better, and it did look better after I found the little vase with the flower, but I think the pictures next to it make the whole display look a little better. I'm not totally satisfied with it, but it will do.
The babies have been keeping me busy lately wanting to eat all day long, but at least I am getting more sleep these days! They are pretty consistently only waking up once now during the night! They usually will go to bed after their 11 o'clock feeding then wake up at about 4 am then sleep until 8 and eat again. I've been pretty happy with that! Jack is still more fussy than Aniston, but not too bad. Aniston sleeps really well and sticks to our 3 hour schedule pretty well. Jack, on the other hand, would eat every hour or two during the day, but does go longer stretches during the night. It's funny how boyish he already is, he wants to eat all the time and is always making boy noises, he grunts A LOT! We call him our little billy goat, because that's what he sounds like! Aniston is always so quiet unless she's hungry and she is so alert and curious when she's awake. She will look so intently at Jack and would cuddle with him, but Jack won't have it. I try to put them in the swing together and Ani will cuddle up to Jack, but Jack will start fussing and get really mad if he doesn't have his space. He also likes looking at us, but doesn't care as much as Ani does to look back at her. Aniston always seems to know when Jack's next to her and the other day she was looking at the baby monitor when Jack was in the other room crying. It was as if she was listening to him and was concerned for him! It was the cutest thing! They are such good babies and I am so glad they are in our family!

Aaralyn has been a good helper and I think we are finally starting to get used to routines and having the babies in our house... by that I mean that Aaralyn is getting more adjusted to them and isn't having so many tantrums lately from baby related reasons! I think she was feeling bad for a little while from having to share the attention. She had been really frustrating me having accidents all the time, but we have gotten over that, so I am happy about that!

We have been trying to get out more now so that Aaralyn doesn't get too couped up in the house! We went to the Main Street Park the other day and then this morning we went up to the Coral Canyon Park to play for awhile.
(This was the babies in their car seats while hooked into the stroller)

I also needed to get out of the house and got to enjoy some sunrises the last few days! I went for a little walk around the neighbor hood one morning and noticed how huge the moon looked just right over the horizon so I ran home to get my camera, but by the time I had run back it was gone! I ended up getting some cool sunrise pictures though, so it worked out anyway! I need to make it my morning routine because then I'd actually have a chance to go running without all the kids- before Dave goes off to work.
6:30 am
(Erin, does this look familiar? I took it from just behind your house.)
6:45 am, the next morning
(Some one's house up the street got toilet papered!)
The sun rises here at about 7 am, or at least this time of year it does...
I thought the clouds looked so pretty in the sunrise and the grass almost looks like it's on fire!

18 comments:

daniellejackson said...

It's great to hear that everything is going so well for you guys! Your kids are so cute and I love your photography skills!

Staci said...

Yes, you guys are keeping busy! Looks like the babies are growing a lot. Hooray for only waking up once! It is amazing how everything seems to change when you start getting closer to them sleeping through the night. It always gave me a whole new outlook on thing. That bottom pic of the clouds is beautiful!

Jessica said...

Good for you! I'm in awe that you are getting out for morning walks when you could be getting some extra shut-eye.
The jewelry and crafts look awesome, good luck with your site.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clenece said...

cute projects and way to go in getting up so early for your walks.

Amy Hummel said...

I'm glad that everything is going well there. I love the sunrise pictures. Everything is such a beautiful color that time in the morning.

Melissa said...

Congrats on the babies sleeping through the night. Allie just turned one and when she teethes she still wakes up once during the night. Way to go on getting out of the house for walks in the morning. Alone time is good!

Deedra said...

I'm glad things are going well! And even more happy for you that you are getting some sleep - yeah!

Jarom and Jenni said...

Your Etsy site looks great! You are so good at making cute things.

Karen and Mike said...

Natasha, you have been so busy and still you manage to keep up on your blog, wow! Your babies are so beautiful.

Karen and Mike said...

Natasha, you have been so busy and still you manage to keep up on your blog, wow! Your babies are so beautiful.

The Mursets said...

Your kids are so incredibly cute! BTW- The stuff that makes it stiff is corset boning...

Jessica said...

Too add to what Monica said, they carry it at Joann's for sure in black and white and if you just take in a nursing cover they will know what you are asking for. They are on the right side of the store about 3/4 in at the back by the belts and other adjustment buckles.

Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I keep double posting/ sorry!

Staci said...

Yes, I am going to the class at 6:30 if you want to meet me there. I am very excited!

Erin said...

That picture did look really familiar! I love getting up early and enjoying some quiet time. I LOVE the earings you made me. I want to come over and make some with you. Sorry I didn't call you back, my life has been out of control and my memory is or has left me. I seriouslly can't remember anything anymore. But I really do want to come over so I still need to talk to my mom. I'll call ya soon!

barrellofmonkeys said...

Boy, you are one popular girl! Look at all these comments! Your crafts and jewelry do look really cute. I don't know where you find the time. But I can't imagine how tired you will be once those twins start running! Those are some great pics you got for your early morning runs. You are one busy girl!