Ouch!
Last Wednesday we went to the park for our ward's play group. I was sitting with some of the other girls and Aaralyn started screaming. I thought one of the other kids had hurt her or something, but when I asked her what happened she said, "Bee!" and she pointed to her cheek. There was a little mark on her cheek where the bee had stung her! Poor girl! I was worried that it was going to swell up really big and I had heard that if you tape a penny to a bee sting it keeps it from swelling up. Well, being at the park I didn't have any tape, so I went to the truck to see what I could find. I had some bandaids in my purse, so I used that to tape the penny to her cheek. It looked funny, but surprisingly, I think it worked! It started swelling right away, but didn't get very bad while the penny was on there, but later that day I thought that maybe it wasn't doing anything, so I took it off. I probably should have left it on longer because after I took it off it swelled up more. Supposedly the copper in the penny does something to a bee sting. Weird huh? Poor girl had a swollen face for a few days and now she still has a big red mark where it was because I think she scratched it. Who knows if it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't put the penny on...

3 comments:
I've never heard of that penny thing, but if it works, that's great! I'm sorry Aaralyn got stung. It must have really hurt. Please give her a hug for Grandma Williams.
They don't really use much copper in pennies anymore, but I'd heard that too. Glad it worked. I always use mud or a mixture of baking soda and water, which also helps.
Poor girl! That is so sad. Good trick to know.
Post a Comment