Bed Time Story by Daddy
Before I get to the actually story that Dave told, I must explain that Aaralyn has been a little MONSTER the last week or two when we'd try to get her to bed! She fights it and screams and cries and it takes several hours before she finally gives up at about midnight! I'm not sure why, but I think we're finally back to normal, and all because of Daddy's bedtime story!
A couple nights ago Dave was tucking Aaralyn into bed and she asked for him to tell her a story...
This is how it went:
There was a little princess girl who didn't ever want to go to bed and it made her parents REALLY, REALLY mad. They didn't know what to do with her anymore. It made them yell at her.
At about this point Aaralyn got very serious and started crying! So Dave had to explain to her that when the little girl started being good and going to bed when her parents asked, then it made them REALLY, REALLY happy! And they gave her lots of hugs and kisses!
I think this happier ending satisfied her, but then she asked Daddy to tell it to her again! And once again, she cried! Dave asked her if she was going to be a good girl and go to sleep, and even after the story making her sad, she said, "no." She did go to sleep and the next night she asked for the story again (she didn't cry this time), and went to sleep willingly, and has done so for the last few nights! That was one good bedtime story babe!

3 comments:
That's awesome... whatever works, right!
Great job Dave! Very Creative! Hope it continues to help!
Wow, that story sure hit home with her! lol! That's awesome it worked!
Post a Comment