Monday, December 1, 2008

Yay for 5 months!

My babies are 5 months today and fittingly Aniston finally decided to roll over!!! I have been wondering when she would do it because Jack has been rolling from his tummy to his back for 2 months now! Aniston has been so close the last couple weeks, but tonight she FINALLY managed to roll onto her tummy, and did it 4 times tonight! Ya know, I thought I would be more sad to see them grow up, especially thinking that they might be my last babies, but as they learn more I just get more excited for them to grow!

Jack is about the same as always, very happy unless he has tummy aches, which he gets everyday, and then he is quite the screamer! Let me tell you, that boy can sure scream!!! He loves rice cereal, oatmeal cereal and every type of fruit and vegetable baby food that he has tried! He will scarf down an entire jar in no time and then still act hungry 10 mins later! I think he is starting to fill out a little more though!

Jack is such a strong boy. He has been really good at standing for some time now, but he can stand, without me holding him, just propped up against something, or holding onto the couch. He'll stand there until he either starts tipping over, or he gets so excited that he wiggles himself off balance. He's still too wiggly to sit up, but his tummy and back must be getting much stronger because he can push himself up off the ground pretty far, while on his tummy.

Oh, and more more great accomplishment this month- Jack has finally become a better baby in his car seat!!! Up until the last month he was a little monster as soon as we'd put him in there, but now we can go to the store and run a few errands without him whining!!! This is quite the accomplishment, if you as me!

Aniston is as happy as ever. At Thanksgiving all the girl cousins loved carrying her around and I don't think I heard one peep out of her all day except when she wanted to eat. She loves to smile and she has started imitating blowing bubbles and spitting. I know I probably shouldn't encourage this, but she is so fascinated by copying me! She tries to imitate sounds, but doesn't know how to make more than an "AHH" sound! It's cute though. I think she just wants to make everyone smile, including Jack.

Ani's hair has grown back quite a bit in the last month and all of a sudden it is looking like it's going to get darker again. I thought it would be more like Aaralyn's and fall out, grow back lighter, then get darker over the next year, but right now it's already as dark as Aaralyn's. I sure hope it starts growing quickly so that I can put bows and ponies in it!! I love cute baby hair!

Jack, on the other hand, has lost quite a bit of his hair and it's now pretty blond and thin, although he doesn't have any bald spots, so I guess it's not too bad.

It's crazy to think that my babies are 5 months now! I think I'm more surprised that I'm not sad about it though!

4 comments:

daniellejackson said...

Thanks for your comment! I love hearing about your cute babies! As for being pregnant, I haven't felt as bad as I thought I might. My stomach just always feels a little wierd... Some smells are really stinky to me now and it makes me gag. I also have to go pee like every two hours!! Craziness! Steve is taking good care of me though and life is good :) I'll be in St. George somewhere between the 27th and 31st of December. Hopefully we can get together!

Chris and Jenna said...

I can't believe those babies are 5 months already. I wouldn't wish them older if I were you...I thought that once my boys turned 1 year life would get so much easier. Not even close! I would go back to non-mobile kids in a second! Good Luck!

Cami said...

Its fun reading what your babies are doing, its like a look in the future! ha I can't believe they are already 5 months! they grow up too fast! (with twins this rounds I say that they don't grow up fast enough! just kidding. It's funny how different 2 babies are then one! wow) post pictures of them so we can see how cute and big they are getting!!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Heidi Wood said...

I'm sorry, Natasha! I'm a total flake! I erased your phone number, so I haven't been able to call you about the swing and the genie. If you are still wanting to get rid of them let me know. Email: heidi7wood@hotmail.com or 862-9782. Thanks so much.