Thanksgiving Weekend
This year I promised myself that I would do my best to get into the holidays and try to let the little things slide by. It seems that every year around this time things get a little stressful with getting together with family, trying to get all the holiday things put together and everything else that is jammed into such a short amount of time!
We had Thanksgiving with Dave's family this year, and I can say that I think it was the best year yet! I had to tell myself several times throughout that weekend that whatever happend I shouldn't get so uptight! Dave was a really good hubby and helped me out by making the dish we were supposed to make... normally I would have gotten annoyed with him because he didn't make it how I would have, and almost put the layers in the wrong order, but really, it tasted the same, and it was really good! Also, in past years we would complain how things could have been different with family traditions that go on, but I think everyone took it a little more lightly and just had fun with everything! I don't think there was one person that was dissappointed, which couldn't have always been said in past years. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun and we got to just enjoy everyone's company! We were sad that Kendall and Lee'sa's family couldn't make it, but hopefully we will see them at Christmas.
The day after Thanksgiving my family and I all went out and did some Black Friday shopping, and got a few good deals, but didn't buy a whole lot of stuff. I still cannot believe how at one Wal-Mart someone got killed by being trampled to death by frantic shoppers, and here it seemed like there was nothing to even buy there. Last year my mom spent quite a chunk of money there, and this year, nothing! I ended up buying a $5 item, that was it... what a deal huh?!
I think I'm just about done decorating for Christmas. It took a little longer to get it all done this year. Last year I was so excited to put my stuff up that the weekend before Thanksgiving I had it all done in one day. This year I started the day after Thanksgiving, but didn't finish until this after noon because I think I got food poisoning! About 3 days ago Dave got Taco Bell and immeadiately after eating my stomach started hurting. I was in the middle of putting up my houses, but that quickly ended my project. I ended up throwing up 8 times during the night- once every hour, and finally at about 7am I got a couple hours of sleep. The next day I didn't feel too good, but at least I didn't throw up again. Even still, my stomach cramps up when I eat, or at random times, but I am feeling much better. At first I thought maybe it was just the 24 hour flu bug or something, but other than throwing up I didn't have any symptoms, so I really think it was food poisoning. I don't know, it's weird. I don't know, if that's what it was, why Dave didn't get it also. So after all that... I finally finished my decorating today, and I am finally enjoying my Christmas decorations and trying to get into the Christmas spirit, the true spirit and focus more on that this year more than ever!
I think we get so caught with everything that goes on that we barely have a minute to just sit and enjoy it! With the bad economy this year, I have been hopeful that maybe it would be a more meaningful Christmas for us all and that we wouldn't focus so much on presents, but on family and most of all Christ and his birth! I think that's the one thing that I have been most excited for this Christmas, inspite of everything else bad that's going on around us!

4 comments:
Sounds like you guys have been busy!! I am glad that I am not the only one that has spit up babies!! gosh it's NO fun! we are already ready with a towel burp cloth or anything! I am calling in the prescription Prevacid tomorrow! lets hope it helps at leat a little! I am with you on the "I need a break thing!" we take breaks going to wal-mart or to the grocery store! its funny how exciting that can be and to just get out of the house! aren't twins so much fun! we blessed them today and it was so neat. It was crazy having two blessings but it was a great day! (pictures soon of course!) It's so fun watching your two grow as mine are only a few months behind! I look forward to the stage where the entertain each other!haha
wow sorry so long! glad you had a great thanksgiving! (sorry you got sick though too)
I'm usually so on top of getting my Christmas decorations up, but I'm being lazy for some reason. Post pictures! I love seeing how people have decorated their houses.
I have found myself doing the same thing this year. I'm usually making everything PERFECT (to me of course) but this year I have let Ammon decorate the tree (and un-decorate it a few times). I'm finally realizing that it's not that big of a deal and I'm having lots more fun. Glad you had such an awesome Thanksgiving!
Hey Natasha. I just was checkin out your blog. Man, your babies are adorable. I know I told you that before, but that big picture at the top of your blog..really is beautiful. It makes me want twins for sure someday. And Aaralyn is getting so big. Chris thinks she is sooo pretty. I mean, I do too of course! but he was sayin...Awww, I can't wait to have a girl one day. Who knows though. We were planning to maybe get pregnant again this next summer...but who knows. Chris just got laid off on Monday...and so it's been tough to go through. Anyways, thanks for sharing your pics. I added your name to our blog. I'm glad you left me a message the other day. I was telling chris like a month ago how we needed to make sure we added your blog to ours...but he didn't remember the address. Thanks again for your comment. It gave me your blog address!And that's what I wanted!
:)
Post a Comment