Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Yay to saving money!!!


For some time now I have seen how well my friend, Clence, does with saving money by using coupons, and I have always just thought it would be too much of a hassle to do it... and really, could I save enough to make it worth it? YES! I can tell you, I have! I started getting the news paper a month ago and started then with coupons, but haven't shopped too much. My first time out, I went to Albertsons and spent $76 in food, but also saved $76... but, if I had been thinking I would have only spent $61 and saved $91 in that shopping trip, but I ended up having $15 toward my next purchase that we spent later on our turkey, so I really still saved $91, just not in that one trip. So I thought that was pretty good for one trip!!! Today I went with my mom and got some of the last of the K-Mart deals and spent a whopping $8 on everything in the picture (plus one more candy bar that we already ate)! I think that's pretty good considering two boxes of cereal would have cost that much regular priced! They were out of most of the free things, but I did end up getting the Glade spray for free and my mom got one also. I would have bought twice this much, but I shared my coupons with my mom to make it worth her trip, so we both did pretty well! Thanks again Clenece for the inspiration and Erin for helping me figure out how to do all this stuff!

If any of you are interested in learning how to get started just check out Clenece's blog, she explains it all and really, hers is the one site I look at to see what the best of the best deals are!!!

Here was my good helper after shopping!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Yay! You did good! Isn't it like a coupon high... I LOVE IT! Although... it really is alot of work, but totally worth it! My whole house is stocked with stuff I got for FREE or dirt cheap!

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Awesome! I might just have to try it.

Clenece said...

Great job! I am so glad you took a picture to show us! You got some great deals!!!

Cami said...

I am not a good shopper, should try this! hey I have a couple questions... when you did your book on blurb.com what size a book did you use? which paper (premium or custom logo) and is it easy to make, like it doesn't take long? sorry so many questions I remember seeing yours and it was so cute! I've been wanting to make one and now want to for Christmas.. I might be a little late but I'll do one anyways and get it when it gets here. anything you can tell me about them would be great! thanks!

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

I'm hooked on coupons. I almost won't buy anything without one. I started with my friend's blog as well and have cut my grocery bill in half monthly and get free stuff all the time! It's too fun!

Laura said...

I have a friend who gets the greatest deals at Albertsons. She is a double coupon lady also. I just have never seemed to find the time or haven't been organized enough to do it. But I am getting inspired!! It will be a good New years resolution to use coupons!