Random Pictures from January 2011
Dave turned 30 this year! We didn't do a whole lot for his birthday, we had some ice cream cake with neighbors and went to dinner with some other friends.
For my turn of joy school they colored a train that I drew for the letter "T."Ani and Jack do pretty well of joining the kids in their work except they just scribble when they are supposed to be writing letters or coloring.
We got the girls new beds from IKEA. They were plain wood and we painted them white now I just need to upholster the headboards to make them cuter. As is, they are pretty plain and ugly! But for $30 per bed, it was worth it!
Ani playing in the tents while we painted.
I made a new camera bag to carry my lenses. This is like a shootsac but it only cost me $30 instead of $250! It's so much nicer to carry this around instead of my bulky camera bag, it stays against me and doesn't flop around like my other. This was a neoprene laptop case and I added the ribbon stripe the D-rings on the side to clip the strap to and I sewed separate slots for my lenses.
Ani and Jack were playing the other day and Jack accidentally hit Ani in the back of the head with Dave's belt buckle. Ouch! I didn't realize it was bleeding until I got up off the bed from holding Ani and noticed there was a huge blood spot where she was, on my white beadspread, along with blood all over my hands, arm and her hands. Just to keep it from bleeding all over her bed while she slept, I wrapped this around her head and all the next day she wouldn't let me take it off!
She got up a couple times that night to make me put it back on her head (even though I tried convincing her it was fine and she didn't need it), one of the times I put it back on and she said to me, "Thanks it's feel better now!" It was too cute!
Jack also constantly has scrapes and cuts too, but usually done to himself. One day while I was at Biolife donating plasma (the kids were in the playroom there) he fell and cut his eye on one of the kid's tables. Oh, what drama! I ended up having to take him to the ER under their insurance and it turned out that he didn't even need stitches or anything but they still have to do blood pressure and all that crap which was pretty traumatizing for him! Poor guy! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of his eye when it was at its worst. He wouldn't let me look at it. It's fine now and healing well. I don't think there will be much scar, if at all.
Aaralyn playing dress-up with her barbie.













No comments:
Post a Comment