My Table!
We were in need of a larger kitchen table and Dave is an amazing handyman when I can convince him to do projects for me! ;) I think he was actually the one who wanted to build this so even better! He built it all from scratch and even shaped the legs to have a bit of a taper.
Aaralyn had to have pictures too while I was taking them!She LOVES these little princess dolls. I think she has or had every one of them (she's lost a few).
Adding the planks to the top.
Screwing them in the bottom.
Building finished and bottom painted white.
Here was our old table... too small for our family of five and not very child friendly with it being so tall and the chairs not having backs.
Dave building the bench.
Table finished! I had to do SOOO many layers to get the top the color I wanted! First I had to do a yellow paint wash so the stain would soak in more evenly and not bring out so much of the pine wood look, I didn't want that. Then I had to stain between the boards and add some old look to it then I added layer upon layer of different colors of stain to get just the right mix of brown and red and be as dark as I wanted. Then once it was all dry we polyurethaned the top. I'm so happy with how it turned out!
Here's the bench almost finished. I don't think the stain was finished at this point but I was so excited to see how it would look together.
I got cute little baskets for underneath and the top opens for more storage. I'm so glad we did a bench because we can fit more people around the table without taking up so much space with chairs. Dave's so handy! I don't know what I'd do without him!














2 comments:
Wow! That is a beautiful table! Nice job guys! The bench is a great idea with kids and I love the basket idea. I wish Kendall would finish everything he starts that quickly. He gets 90% of the way done and decides he's OK with it until I bug him months later to finish.
Love it. It's totally the same type of style as the one I'm wanting. Way to go guys. Looks awesome!
Post a Comment