October in Review
These are sort of in reverse order, but here's what's happened this month:
Grandma and Grandpa Williams came to visit yesterday.
The babies have just started to notice each other. They will lay on the ground and look at each other and talk to each other. It is so cute!!! I love it when they laugh and coo! Yay, maybe I'll have a little more freedom while they are awake now!
On Saturday we had a Halloween party. Aaralyn loved playing with all her friends. This is her with Jack, our neighbor. They are quite the pair! While at the party they kissed! It was cute though! It's so fun to have kids her age in our neighbor hood that she can play with.
Annie was a black kitty for the party. I didn't get any pictures of Jack because he took a nap during the middle of the party, so I'll have to get one of him on Halloween. His costume is a tiger.
This was Aaralyn and her friend E.J. He was also a tiger, along with his little brother, so we had three little tigers!
Jenni and Jarom made dry ice root beer. I love it! Aaralyn was fascinated by it. I made soup with bone shaped bread sticks, but the didn't look like bones as much as I was hoping... oh well, they tasted good enough. We had lots of friends come and everyone brought such good food! Thanks everyone that came!
We got Aaralyn a "princess fairy" costume, as she calls it. She was pretending to be a butterfly and was "flying" around the house.
Aniston has become such a chunk!!! I can't believe it! I think she weighs like 2 pounds more than Jack now! I think it must be because he is so wiggly and works it all off, while she is content to just lay still on the floor and look around.
Jack is growing too, and is going to have a six pack if he continues to wiggle and squirm like he does! He loves to lay on his tummy and lift up his head and arms and legs and kick around. He will wiggle around until he's completed a 360 degree circle on his belly.
I have been trying out some new hairstyles on Aaralyn's hair from some of the hair blogs I have seen. I thought this one was pretty creative. It looked cute with her costume too.
Annie has grown most of her hair back. It was really weird, she lost all the hair on top of her head (I swear it was all in one day) and she looked like a bald old man, but then it grew back in a couple weeks. She doesn't have as much now as she did when she was born, but at least she's not bald either. Jack still has plenty of hair and I think I need to trim it a little because he has some spots that have really long hairs!

The babies had their first taste of rice cereal this month. I wouldn't have given it to them this early, but sometimes I think that I am not giving them enough because they will eat and still be hungry. That's not so bad for Aniston because she can take a bottle (which is probably another reason for the weight difference), but Jack won't, so I tried the cereal to see if he would be satisfied. They both seemed to like it! I think they will love eating baby food in another couple weeks. Surprisingly they weren't terribly messy either... hopefully it stays that way.
The babies had their first taste of rice cereal this month. I wouldn't have given it to them this early, but sometimes I think that I am not giving them enough because they will eat and still be hungry. That's not so bad for Aniston because she can take a bottle (which is probably another reason for the weight difference), but Jack won't, so I tried the cereal to see if he would be satisfied. They both seemed to like it! I think they will love eating baby food in another couple weeks. Surprisingly they weren't terribly messy either... hopefully it stays that way.
I have been busy with all sorts of jewelry and craft projects. My newest one is trying to refinish a little kitchen hutch for Aaralyn. It was my mom's when she was little, her great grandpa made it for her. It's been painted several times, so I had to strip the paint and sand it down.
This is what paint stripper does, it bubbles all the paint up and then you have to scrape it off. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.
Here's what it looked like before we painted it. I still have to do a few more coats of paint. I painted one coat, then I decided that I am probably going to have to prime it and then paint it again because it didn't cover well at all!!! Also, because it is so old I think I'll just antique it after I've painted it so it looks like it's supposed to look old, and not that I did a bad job painting it. Oh the joys of this stuff! I'm crossing my fingers it turns out!

12 comments:
I love the hairstyle, I'll have to try that one. And I like the cute costumes. So are you calling Aniston Annie?
You kids are growing up so fast and getting so big!
You always have such fun and cute projects--(I rarely have PATIENCE for that kind of stuff, I wish I did). Cute hair-do. What a good girl to sit through that. It only takes about 30 sec. to style my boy's hair and the squirm and wine through even that!
Ah he is so cute... huh! I think he is so for sure breaking me in for parenthood. I can't wait for him to sleep through the night and more importantly always go potty outside. We have had only 2 accidents but by the 2nd one I was in tears. Your so sweet to say hi as always and your sweet babies are growing up so fast. They are so beautiful.
Your babies are getting so big!! I can't believe it! Sorry we couldn't make it to the party! I was just so excited to have family here. But good luck with the hutch - I can't wait to see it finished! I love projects!!!!
Such cute pictures of the kids. Glad your Halloween party was a success. It was nice to see you Sunday.
your hair is dark! it has been so long since I have seen you, I love it though. Your kids are so cute, I love seeing kids in Halloween costumes. wish we lived closer to join in on the fun :)
Wow! Your jewelry looks awsome! I've started doing baby bracelets for Adelin. Next I want to make bows for her. Hopefully we'll see you on Halloween!
Hey, It's melissa. It was so good to see you the other night. hey if you want to just email me that pic you took of us my address is
melroco@gmail.com
That's like the only picture I have of us all dressed up so thanks for taking it.
okay so HOW do you have time for all these projects!!? You are super mom that's for sure! I can't get anything done with these two little ones! I always want to ask you so many questions.. but I won't bore you I just want to know how your twins were at first. Mine want to eat ALL the time! first it was every 3 hours and now it seems less than that, they only cry when they are hungry but think they need to eat right when they wake up! I knew it would be hard, but there has been a few days where they have completely wore me out! mainly cause I don't get much sleep and I even have my husband here to help me out daily! it's just funny how its non stop because there are two! so does it get easier!? ha I always thought it would get harder because they would get more mobile and not sleep all day long but maybe they start to entertain each other. do yours sleep in the same room? ours have but I think they wake each other up now. sorry so long just curious about what you do!?
ps.. I love all your jewelry and need to check out your website! can you order online?
Hey- My friend's (Juanita) neice (4mo) was just fitted for a helmet. Her parents are feeling a little concerned and I'm sure would love to hear from someone whose been through this before. If you wouldn't mind contacting them their blog is http://maxeeandthebear.blogspot.com
Your halloween party sounds like it was fun! Aaralyn looks so cute in her costume. Sorry I didn't get around to posting the paint stripping tips. It looks like you found the right stuff and had an easier job than me. Be sure to post a finished picture so we can see how it turned out!
Post a Comment