Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Halloween Ideas

I have really been getting excited for Halloween this year! Not so much the trick-or-treating part, but decorating and thinking of ideas for a Halloween party. I watch Good Things Utah and Studio 5 most mornings, or DVR them and watch them later, and have gotten some fun ideas, and here's what I created from watching them...


I found all the jars at DI and painted the lids black and also the lantern. It was an ugly thing before I painted over the brassy metal. Now I think it looks great! I also got the books from DI and painted one of them purple and wrote on the side "Simple Spells." My favorite are the eyeballs in the tall skinny jar! I got the skulls and other little things from Roberts and Wal-Mart.

And I also love this cute owl I found at Roberts. I hung some spider webs from the bottom, but you can only see a little... I still need to finish hanging more spider webs around the house and outside.

Anyone else have any decorating or party ideas to share?

9 comments:

barrellofmonkeys said...

Cute ideas! I haven't gotten to decorate too much this year since we have been trying to sell it. They want it a little more neutral so people can imagine themselves in the house. I wish we had tv so I could catch those shows. I never thought of painting books but it turned out way cute!

Clenece said...

Cute Ideas!

Erin said...

Super cute! Did you see the GTU where they made the cutest Halloween Wreath? I really want to make it. ANyways LOve your decorations!

The Colvins said...

Very cute.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Love all your ideas! I am actually in the process of making a bunch of stuff using our vinyl plotter. I will hopefully post them this weekend. I am working more on Fall/Thanksgiving stuff right now though. I will be selling the vinyl cut outs and possibly even the kits once I'm done. There will be quite a few. I'm totally loving the jar with the eyeballs in it!

Staci said...

Fun stuff. I don't know how you find time for it all! I think it's great.

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

totally cute Halloween Decor! Thanks for the fun ideas!
Anything I have come up with Crafty I have gotten from marthastewart.com this year. She has some fun ideas. Love the idea about the books!

Deedra said...

I love decorating for the holidays! I just hate trying to figure out what box I've tucked them all away in. Anyway, those all look so cute!

Karen and Mike said...

Nice job! I wish I had the patience to be so crafty!