Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cabin

A couple weekends ago we were lucky enough to be able to go "camping" at a cabin above Zion with a bunch of our friends. Our neighbor did some trade with the owner, so we got this cabin for 3 days! It was SO nice! It had 4 rooms, and slept like 17 people! It wasn't at all camping, but it was out in the wilderness.

While we were there (without the babies, I might add, first time ever!) we got to hangout, each lots of good food and snacks, went swimming, rode Rhinos and stayed up late playing games that we learned a little too much about each other! ;) Haha!

We mostly had older kids, and they LOVED swimming in this pool! There were a couple slides and a couple big hot tubs. I didn't especially want to get completely wet, but after Dave dunking me and Roger pulling Lisa into the pool we had fun and had some games of chicken with a bunch of us! It was a blast, unfortunately I didn't get any pics of us playing chicken.

Aaralyn was even daring enough to go down the slides, which is good for her because it takes her awhile to warm up to new things.

Adam was a dare devil and did some flips off this ledge until we thought we were going to get into trouble... we didn't really care that the sign said not to jump off it...

Back at the cabin one of the nights we tried to stuff as many of us into the "8" person hot tub as we could... Really, I think it was more like a 4 person hot tub, but we managed to get 9 of us in there! We were definitely sardines! While just us girls were in there we saw a skunk walk by us and we were a bit freaked out thinking that we were going to get sprayed! Luckily Jocelyn made a good mountain lion noise and scared it away! Haha!
Riding the Rhinos was a blast! Apparently the guys got a bit wild on their excursions, but surprisingly they didn't break anything and everyone came back in one piece! The girls weren't quite as lucky. Jocelyn was driving one and got stung on the lip (just like I had awhile back) by a bee! Poor thing! It swelled up pretty big and lasted several days! I think hers was worse than mine!
Maybe the bee sting scare is why Lisa is making that face in this picture. If you zoom in you can see a black spot on her face, bee or fly? I don't know, but either way I was laughing when I saw this picture! Thanks again Adam for hooking us up with an AMAZING vacation! It was so fun to get to know everyone better, meet some new friends (not in this picture) and get away from the kids!

3 comments:

Clenece said...

What a nice break and getaway! The cabin looks WAY nice!

Deedra said...

That cabin looks awesome! Lucky you!

Britt said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys have some good friends down there. I remember how hard it was to find friends in the college ward because everyone would move in and out so quickly. I bet you love your ward now!