Wednesday, September 2, 2009

14 Months

Are my babies really 14 months old!? I know, I say this all the time, but it goes so fast!

Aniston is finally walking more now. Walking still isn't her preferred method of getting around, but she does take off from things until she falls down, then crawls the rest of the way.

She is talking a lot more! She loves to tell everyone "Hi" or "Hey." She also says Mama, Mom, Dad, Dada, Jack, Ani and the other day she was saying "Thank you." These are the only things I can understand her say, but she is always jabbering, so who knows what else she talks about! I love this stage, but in another year I will probably be going crazy with three children talking my ear off, so for now I am enjoying just the few things that she says! ;)

Ani is our little climber!!! She wants to climb on EVERYTHING! She thinks she is so cool when she gets up on the couch and I am constantly telling her not to climb and pull on pictures or whatever else she can reach while on the couch or bed. The pictures above my bed are looking very sad right now from the twins (mostly Aniston though) pulling them off the wall or pulling the paper off the wall hangings.

Aniston loves to go into Aaralyn's room any chance she finds the door open and go sit in her pink rocking chair. She will just climb up in it and sit there with the biggest grin on her face! Both of the babies love Aaralyn's room!

The twins love to run out the front door any time they see it open. I guess I don't get them out enough because they will run to the door (well, Jack runs, Aniston just crawls really fast) and as soon as it is closed in front of them or they are put back in the house they cry. Jack not only cries, but he throws a huge tantrum! Just the last week or so he has been doing this over whatever makes him mad! He will throw himself down on the floor and put his head down and scoot on his face on the floor, all the while, screaming as loud as he can! I'm a little afraid of what he will be like in another year when he doesn't get his way!

Most of the time, especially when he's getting his way, Jack is the happiest kid around! He is always smiling, makes me wonder what mischief he is thinking up next. He is also the giggliest child too! He loves to be tickled and teased, just don't put him on the floor before he's done playing or he'll be sad.

Jack still loves to play fetch. My mom said that the other day when she was babysitting them, Jack played "fetch" with her for a half hour! This is great entertainment unless I am trying to put something away. I have a basket for shoes by the front door and he will bring me shoes and I will toss them back into the basket and tell him "no," but he will just keep bringing them back to me over and over... and of course he has the biggest grin on his face like it's such a fun game!

Tonight I found out that Jack loves brooms! My neighbor had her broom out and was sweeping her sidewalk and he played with that thing forever! I think I know what to get him for Christmas.

Jack doesn't say a whole lot, mostly just "Mom" and "Dad," as far as I know. Occasionally I think he says "Jack."

Jack can now full on run. He is way too quick, especially if he sees something he wants or he is escaping.

Today Jack came into the room with the toilet brush, which surprised me because I always keep the bathroom doors closed, so I went to see what else he had gotten into. When I went into the bathroom the cupboard was open a a few things had been pulled out on the floor and I noticed that the toilet lid was open. I went to close the lid and I saw something in the toilet, I realized that it was a watch face! He had gotten into my closet and taken it to Aaralyn's bathroom and thrown it into the toilet! Later when I was putting the kids down for a nap I searched the house for the other bottle that they had been drinking from and I ended up finding it in my closet. He had dropped it when he found my watch faces. Luckily (for Jack) the watch face still works and the water drained out of it and it looks just fine. I'm just very glad the toilet didn't have anything in it! I had just cleaned it this morning!

(Just a side story about toilets- my neighbor's little girl (a couple times) has found their toilet open and was playing in dirty water and eating nasty toilet paper! I'm just hoping that doesn't happen with my kids! What is it about toilets that's so fascinating!?)

The babies are growing so fast and luckily they have been healthy and happy. I love to see every new thing that they learn, even though it just means they are getting further from being "babies." I think they'll always be my babies though. I wonder if I'll consider Aniston my "baby" because she was born last?

2 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It's crazy how fast they grow up!

The Bulkley Bunch said...

I love your blog. All your pics are super cute! I am glad you are such a good neighbor.. Wendi