Sunday, May 3, 2009

Standing!

Jack started standing by himself the day he turned 10 months! He will stand for awhile and then realize I'm not holding him and he'll just sit down. I bet by the end of the week he will be getting even better. It probably won't be long before he tries to start walking. He took one step the other day, but I don't know if that was an accident or what.
(this picture is pretty bad because I took it with my phone, I'll have to take some good ones this week with my camera)
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention in my last post, Jack got his first real haircut last month. I cut off quite a bit and when I was done I realized it was shorter than I was wanting, but in the last couple weeks it seems like it's grown a bit and now it seems like a pretty good length- just long enough on top so that I can spike it up.

Here you can see how long it was before.

...and here's after. It looks a lot more blonde now that it's shorter.

This was another picture that came from my phone. I just saw it and thought it was funny. My sister gave me this cute shopping cart cover so I used it a few times to put both of the kids in the front together while Aaralyn sits in the shopping cart. Sometimes it can be a struggle going to the store by myself because either I put the carseats in the cart and have no place for food, while I try to make Aaralyn walk and be good, or I take the stroller and still have no place for food or else Dave just has to come and help... which is why I RARELY go shopping by myself with all the kids. I will say though, Aaralyn is at a good age where she follows me pretty well now without getting lost or getting into too much stuff. Oh, and "Reindeer" helps a lot too... If you've ever heard about "Reindeer" you'd know how much Aaralyn loves this ugly, dirty, falling apart toy, I mean Christmas decoration. That's another story though.

1 comment:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

It's crazy that they babies are already big enough to be standing!