Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy Busy

We have been so busy with this and that lately that my blog has been getting a little neglected!

Here's a little of what we have been up to: swimming in our neighborhood pool, played at some of the water parks,
went out to Leeds and had dinner with my family one night when they were out there camping. While we were there my sister found some newborn baby mice. (Yes, I know, she's holding wild mice, what if they have a disease or something!?... well, they didn't even have their eyes open yet, so they were so young they didn't even try to move around, I think they were pretty safe... no mice flu yet... haha!)

I've been playing around with photoshop lately and have learned a few things, like how to make my own actions. I created the effects that I used on these two pictures:
You may be wondering what I did with this photo... Well, here's the original:

This was supposed to give the effect that it was taken with Velvia Film.
This one was a bit of this and that, but turned the picture aged and sepia looking. I like how it turned out.

Oh ya, I have been keeping Dave busy with projects... he's made two frames for me. This one we did for my mom for Mother's Day, and we did another for our house. The picture in mine is another picture I took of the temple. I am so excited with how it turned out, with the picture and the frame together. I will have to take another picture of mine once I get it hung. I'm actually not finished with the second frame because I am going to have to repaint it. Aaralyn decided to "help" paint it, and made a huge mess all over it just before it was almost finished. I wasn't too happy about that...
My mom and I decided her frame needed to be a different color after seeing how it didn't match anything in her house, so this picture is my frame, but her picture. Her frame is going to be brown... once it's refinished, and a little smaller, and my picture is an aged sepia one.

We went to Zions last weekend and went for a hike (with my parents)... as much of one we could do with our limo, I mean stroller... We just hiked to the lower Emerald Pools, had lunch, and rode the bus around, which was a bit of a pain with our huge stroller hanging out in the middle of the aisle.

Oh, and last weekend Dave and I took Aaralyn to Fiesta Fun and went minature golfing, drove the bumper boats and played some arcade games and won some prizes for Aaralyn. I think she enjoyed spraying me with the water from the bumper boat the most. Her and Dave's bumper boat was really lame though, so I was driving circles around them. Aaralyn totally didn't get mini golfing, and she mostly just kept picking up all our balls and throwing them into the holes. Oh well, who keeps score anyway!? I don't even know how to keep score!

I think that's just about it. This weekend we are going camping, so hopefully that will be another fun, eventful weekend to add to this busy month!

2 comments:

Deedra said...

Gotta love Fiesta Fun! :) I'm sure Aaralyn had a great time!

barrellofmonkeys said...

You guys are so busy! I love all the pictures. You look like you had so much fun!