Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Dave has been up to... (Lots of Pics!)

I was meaning to add these pictures awhile ago when I told what we have all been up to, but I didn't have time then, so I'm getting back to it now.

Here's what Dave has been working on for the last few months. Normally they only work on the same house for MAYBE a month, small houses may even take only a few days or a week, but this one is taking much longer... (You'll see why!)
Here's the front of the house... or half of it.
Here's the other half. It's so big that I couldn't get the whole thing in one picture!
EVERYTHING in this house is round!!! This will be a fire pole hole (if that's what you call it).
This is just one example of the many round ceilings and round rooms. Dave was pretty proud of all his work on this house, because just about EVERYTHING that's round in this house, he did himself! He spent many hours measuring and cuttting each individual piece to fit into the round parts of this house.
This is what you first walk into...
...and above is this HUGE round ceiling with a drop thing in the center. There will be rope lights recessed above that "thingy." I don't know the names for things, I think the architect was just having fun making things up for this house! They have changed things so many times and the owener doesn't care, he just says, bill me! Dave said that he hasn't even taken a loan out for anything yet, he's paid ALL OUT OF POCKET so far (like over a million in just framing)!!! I think the estimates are like $5 million when completed!
^This is what you'd see walking in from the front door, just the view from the second floor.
More crazy ceiling detail, created by Dave.
(^view from front entrance- round stair cases going up both sides and large deck straight out in front)
This is what Dave calls a "light house." It sorta looks like it.
Round room, round windows.
This was Dave's favorite of all the rooms. He did this whole round wall himself! He's got to be a pro by now at making things round! This was looking at the wall from the second floor, it goes up two levels.
I think this room is going to be really neat. Dave said that big box cut out above the fireplace is going to be a wet wall! It's sorta going to look like a Cathedral, with the arched ceilings, and even the entrances to the windows are curved, it's kinda hard to tell in this picture below.
Wouldn't you love to be this guys' kid? They have this really cute tree house that has three levels (which, by-the-way, is probably bigger than our house). There will be a pool, pond and who knows what else in the back yard, oh, and can't forget-his helicopter pad. What you see in this picture doesn't even show a fourth of their property! The trees in the background line the virgin river, along the edge of the property. Just across the river is where some of the houses a few years back got "eaten" by the flood.
This shows the space between the house (on the left) and the owner's lamborghini/porche/other expensive car garage and the guest house/mother-in-law house.
The door opening on the top right of this picture will connect to where I am taking the picture from, with a large half circle walk way. I am interested to see how that will look when it's finished. I was really hoping to see this house all finished, but unfortunately they won't have it done by the Parade of Homes, so it won't be in it! I think the house is about 20,000 square feet (approximately 20 times my house)! I don't think I would even know what to do with all the rooms (piano room, library, office, bedrooms, craft room, living room... what else can you make up?). One day I'd like to have a house a quarter of this size... okay, even a tenth would be nice... and a maid!

11 comments:

Clenece said...

one word. WOW!

Kim said...

Wow! Dave is very talented!!!

Erin said...

Wowzers! First, great job Dave! Second, who has $$$ like that? Crazy!

Erin said...

Wowzers! First, great job Dave! Second, who has $$$ like that? Crazy!

Dave and Natasha said...

Okay, Dave says the house is only 15,000 Sq. Ft. The garages and other buildings make a total of about 22,000 Sq. Ft.

The Capitans said...

so is that Jeremys house?

Melissa said...

Holy cow. I'd be happy with tree house in back j/k.

Deedra said...

That's insane! It's amazing how some people live!

Onwheels said...

The house is impressive, but that Dave can figure out how - and do something like that is awesome! He has a talent for it, that's for sure.

barrellofmonkeys said...

Only 15,000 square feet...that is like almost 7 times as big as our house!!! That is cool Dave gets to work on such custom homes. Maybe one day he can build one for you! ;)

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

That is rediculous! I can think of a million other things to do with that money, I don't care who they think they are. Dave is very talented though...good job Dave. Kendall has a question about your truck if you want to call him.