Sunday, November 28, 2010

Twilight Bunco

I was in charge of Bunco for the month of June, which happened to be the same month that the movie Eclipse came out, so we had a Twilight Bunco night!  Pretty much all of us girls have read the Twilight books so it was so fun to go see the movie together!  The theme was "Fire and Ice" since that's kinda what this particular book is about. so instead of the traditional red and black I added an icy blue color to the mix.  Here's the quote from the first of the book that gave me the idea (my favorite quote from the book, and also what my shirt said):

Some say the world will end in fire, 
Some say in ice,
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire,
But if it had to perish twice, 
I think I know enough of hate
to say that for destruction
Ice is also great 
And would suffice.

I tried to theme all the decorations and food around this too.  I made manicotti (my favorite) and a bunch of other stuff that was either hot or cold or red or blue for the theme.  I decorated with lights and a bunch of corny Jacob and Edward posters.

 This was a cute flower hair clip I made for everyone that we all wore to the movie.  For prizes I made everyone cute red earrings got red and black nail polish and red lipstick and some of the bigger prizes were Jacob and Edward rings, red and black blanket and Twilight movie and I think there were some other things but I can't remember.

 I had Eclipse quotes all over the table.
All the cute Bunco girls!  We ate, played Bunco and then went to the midnight movie.  Oh, and I wish you could see all the shirts I made everyone.  My friend Brooke designed half of them and I designed half of them and then I printed all the designs and ironed them onto the shirts.  It was such a fun night!  I can't wait until next year to do it again (just glad I'm not in charge of that month, it was a lot of work)!

1 comment:

daniellejackson said...

Wow, awesome party! You did a great job! I love the posters and the hair clips! So fun!