Wednesday, November 10, 2010

June 2010-The Wave

Yay, I'm caught up to June! ;) Haha...

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to go to The Wave (by Page, AZ) from my aunt and uncle who had been planning this for like 6 months!  They had invited my mom and my dad or sister but neither could go so I got to go with them!  I was so excited, I've wanted to see this place since I learned about it a few years ago.  The tickets aren't cheap and the waiting list is like 6 months and it's not always easy to get the time of year you want. Anyway, I was lucky to be able to go!

It was a LONG hike to the wave, but so pretty!  The worst part is walking on slanted rock/sand for quite a ways, my knees and ankles were tired and sore at the end!



 The colors in the rock were so neat!  I've never seen such beautiful swirls of color going through such streaky rock, you'll see what I mean in later photos.








 In this photo you can see how there are layers of different colored rock, but then there are swirls of color going through them, it's so odd, I don't understand how that happened!  Most of these swirly area look like a giant was painting in the mud and mixing colors together!  It's impossible to see how cool it was without you being there for yourself!












This one was cool, it looked like cauliflower tops and waves crashing underneath.






 Perfect day, fun hike, amazing view!  If you haven't been there, you gotta plan on going!

No comments: