Monday, August 4, 2008

Life with the twins

Last week my friend Danette was in town with her little girl, Carly, who is Aaralyn's age, and her little boy, Sam, who is not even two months older than our babies. We had to get a picture of them together. Sam wasn't too happy about being put down for the picture, but it was fun to see the difference in size between them!


This past week has been so busy, and I don't even know what I've been doing... I guess that's expected with 3 kids. Last Friday Jack had his circumcision done, so we got to see what they both weighed. Jack was 7 lbs 3 oz and Aniston was 6 lbs 11 oz! I couldn't believe that Jack weighed so much!!! He IS getting to be chubbier though! It's crazy that he's a half a pound more than Aniston already!

Saturday we went up to Cedar for a baptism. It was Dave's brother's little boy. It was fun to see some of his family that hadn't seen the babies yet.

Sunday we ate dinner at my parent's house, which isn't unusual, but now it seems to be more of an ordeal just to get out of the house.

Today I had to run to Wal-Mart to get some diapers and man, I don't know how people do it with more than 3 little kids. The babies just slept the whole time, but it's really hard shopping by myself because I can only take the stroller, which doesn't hold much, and the basket on the stroller isn't very accessible once both babies are in there. Besides trying to fit stuff into the stroller with no space, unfortunately there isn't space to put Aaralyn in the stroller too... which means I have to constantly watch where she is and remind her to hold on to the side of the stroller. I don't mind going out by myself like this, but it does take a lot longer!
.
Both of the babies are doing well. I am trying to keep them on a schedule so I have time to do things other than just feeding them all day, and sometimes it goes how I want and other times they have a schedule of their own! Sometimes I wonder how long I will be able to keep feeding both of them because the past couple days they have seemed to eat ALL DAY LONG! It seems like they will eat evey hour and a half! I hope it's just a growth spurt, rather than them not getting full.
.
In a few days I have my own doctor's appointment, which means that I should be clear to start working out again! Yeah! I have been ready for that since about a week after having them, but I guess it gave me a good excuse not to do anything yet. I am happy to say that I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight (well, first doctor's visit- at 6 weeks), but I would still like to get into shape and lose another 5-7 pounds. Anyone wanna start working out with me? This probably means just going for walks with the stroller in the mornings or doing P90X workouts in my living room, but that's better than nothing, right!? I am so annoyed we don't get FIT TV here... I used to workout with Gilad every morning after having Aaralyn, and that really got me into shape! His workouts are all kinda old and corny, but I would always feel like I got a good workout afterwards!

9 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Wow you are daring to take all three kids to WalMart. Impressive! I hope that the twins are just in a growth spurt too, because I have to feed Nathan every three hours and I feel like I'm feeding him ALL day. haha :) Keep us updated!

Deedra said...

You are one brave woman! I think I would be a hermit and never leave my house with 3 kids! P.S. Those babies are getting big!

Amy Hummel said...

I can't believe how chubby those little Jack cheeks are! He's getting big! You ARE daring to take them all to Wal-Mart. I didn't really think 3 kids at walmart was bad... but I didn't have 2 newborns. I've always been able to just stick the car carrier in the cart, and still have room for groceries!

I'd totally work out with you if I could actually get away from the house, LOL! But I have a hard enough time doing that at ANY time. That's why I have memberships to 2 different gyms... and never go... :(

THE HEWARDS said...

Well~ I can’t believe how big the twins are getting! They are so CUTE! I can’ even imagine going to wallie and having three kids with me you are a trooper! Did Dave’s family just love the twins? Of course they did that’s not even a question! Looks like you guys are doing good! Oh do you have and like the p90x? I’ve been wanting to get that but just haven’t yet. I’ve been waiting to ask some one that has it if they like it? Good luck with the workouts even though I’m sure you don’t even need to workout you tiny thing you! Talk to u later!

Staci said...

I can't believe that you are back to your prepregnancy weight already. You were complaining for nothing! I hear ya-I actually way a few pounds less than I did before but I don't look the same at all. Everything is all jiggly! I am glad your Wally World trip went well. See ya tomorrow.

barrellofmonkeys said...

I tried taking the double stroller to walmart when Kyler was a baby. Those baskets are awful! I can't imagine trying to get around with 3 kids. You certainly are brave to do it. I can imagine just a simple thing taking ALOT longer to do. Congrats on getting back down to pre-weight. That was really quick!!

Frei Family said...

Ummm.. you just ahd twins like a month ago and your already back to your pre pregnancy weight!! Wow!! You must be keeping so busy! That is awesome!

The Capitans said...

I have to say that all three of your kids are absoulultly beautiful. I love all your pictures. Your twins look so much alike. I love the names you picked as well. So So cute! We should get together sometime. I have so many little craft projects I want to do but it is so much funner to do them with someone else. Then our kids could play, and I could see those cute babies in person. You are so awesome to take all three of them to the store by yourself. I do it but very rarely and I dont have two carseats to hall around with me. You are a SUPERMOM!

Geoff and Niccole said...

I can not even believe how you managed to make it through the store with all three of them. That is so amazing. I dont think that I could ever do it. They are all so adorable!