8/8/08
8/8/08 the twins were due! It's crazy to think that if I just had one baby I could have still been pregnant! I'm sure glad I'm not still pregnant though! I would have been HUGE and so miserable!!! The twins adjusted age is now 1 day old... does this really mean that I should expect that they will do things from this starting point, or will they do anything on schedule from their birth age? How do I know what to expect? It seems like they are getting close to smiling- they are almost 6 weeks, I would be very surprised if they started to smile 6 weeks from NOW! Also, a couple nights ago I was really hopeful that they would be getting closer to sleeping through the night because they only woke up once during the night and I was so EXCITED!.... Then the next night they made up for it by waking me up 6 times during the night!!! AHH!!! I was going crazy! Then last night they woke up twice! Yeah! I haven't tried too hard yet to keep them on schedule because I don't know when they are ready for anything, being early... so I don't want to push them to go longer between feedings because I don't know if they can handle it yet... How do I know? I try to keep them on the 3 hour schedule, but they do what they want... sometimes Jack just wants to eat every couple hours, and I can't really keep him any longer! Aniston would stay on schedule most of the time if I didn't make it more convenient for myself and just wake her up to eat when Jack does... I don't know, schedules with two babies is really hard, more so because of them being early and I don't know if I should go by their gestation, birth age, or some where in between!


8 comments:
I'm with you on all the questions about scheduling and I only have one. Nathan was doing awesome and then one day he just wouldn't wake up and then a couple days later he was awake all day. Is he just too young for the schedule? Or do I just not stick to it so strict? Ahhh.... all the questions you have when being a mom.
I think you are doing it right with the twins though. They need to eat when they are hungry and for sure make it convenient for yourself and feed them both at the same time! I don't know how you mothers of multiples do it.
i kept my boys on the same schedule. it was so much easier for me. to do the feedings all at once and make sure they both were full, then if one was hungrey like 2 hours later, i would make both eat. all babies are different but that is what worked well for me when i was exhausted.
Super cute Picture. Kudos to you on nursing twins. I think I would totally give up!!!
You go by their due date. I think you would be able to really be able to start the whole schedule thing like babywise between 8-10 weeks with them. Probably closer to 10. I'm sure it will take them longer to sleep through the night and everything else, but remember-it's to be expected. Both of my boys have been at least a month behind on everything it seems like. Be patient and good luck!
I think Cason was on a 2.5 hour schedule most days of the week for the first 9-10weeks of his life. Some babies just need to eat closer together, he still was sleeping through the night by 10 weeks and at 13-14 weeks he was going 10+ hours at night.
I know it is hard when the first baby was sleeping better at this point (McKenna was sleeping 8 hours by 5.5 weeks and Cason took over a month longer.)
Just do your best, and the rest will work itself out. One thing I loved when I read babywise was when it said to not put keeping to the schedule above their health. I took that to mean that when Cason was ready to stretch his feedings he would let me know (such as sleeping longer during his nap or not being interested in eating.) That is exactly what ended up happening. If it is getting too exhausting it might be worth just supplementing just one feeding during the night (Dave?) so that you are more rested for the next day.
You poor sleep deprived girl! Those first few months are so hard! Hang in there - it will get better before you know it!
It look like you have to be VERY talented to hold two babies like that!ha gosh you take the cutest pics of your two little ones. So how is it really with a toldler and twins!!? should I prepare myself? You make it look easy. couple questions... do they sleep in the same room? bottle feed or what are you doing with them, if I can ask! i'm mostly worried about the feeding part. I'm getting so excited and i love looking at your blog and am so happy for you! You look AMAZING by the way... hope I look like you, YEAH right! anyways love you pics.
Girl, You are SOOO Amazing, you truely inspire me! I love how crafty you are, probably cause we have similar taste! Your mom and jack looking at each other, Love it, your mom is Sooo cute! Who took that Beautiful pic of you and the twins? It is awesome! yes, let's do something, I am free Tommorrow day- Friday, and again on Monday. let me know. I love the wall hangings!
Post a Comment