Sandy Apple
I tried feeding Jack an apple one day, but him being a boy... and just being... Jack, he REFUSES to have ANY help! So I let him outside to eat it and wasn't thinking about the sandbox cover being off... So this is what you get when you combine playing in the sandbox with eating an apple...
...and a snotty nose. Gross! And I think he was crying because I tried taking his apple away. Silly me!
Yummy!
Oh, and because I forgot to blog about this, at this same time I was trying to potty train the twins (notice Jack in his big boy underwear in the pictures). They were about 22 months at the time and it was going pretty well until I got really sick and Dave had some projects going on that day and I wasn't able to help out with the potty training. Dave was having a hard time doing what he was already doing and trying to watch them, and later that day the twins started getting diarrhea (oops, I think I gave them too much milk of magnesia to help them go!), so we decided to stop and try again in a few months. Ahh, 5 days of potty training wasted! Let me just tell you how much fun it is trying to potty train two at once... SO MUCH FUN! I'd be running one to the potty (while he/she was peeing) and the other would all of a sudden realize they had to go too, so I come back with the one all cleaned up to find the other wet. So frustrating! Which is exactly why I haven't tried again since then. They are now 25 months I think I'll try again fairly soon, but I don't think I'm in too much of a rush this time around.


2 comments:
That apple is so gross! But too cute to not document. Potty-training is the pits! (I can't decide what to do, I keep hoping that maybe if I don't do anything he will train himself??? He will go once or twice during the day on the toilet- but when I ask if he wants to start going on the potty he yells NO... so I haven't done anything yet.)
reading that made me tired! really, i HATE potty training. helping one child is hard enough and i'm NOT looking forward to it with two!! wow. you are awesome to even think about it. i'm not going to until they just decide they want to or when they are about 3! ha. parker was pretty easy but it was a rough 5 days that i don't want to repeat! ha. good luck though, let me know your secrets with 2!
-that was long. ha. can you tell i'm not ready to potty train1?
Post a Comment