Sunday, January 10, 2010

Catch-up time

I hate getting behind on posts, but lately I haven't wanted to post anything because my internet annoys me! Anyone know anyone who could fix an about:blank problem that I am having with blogger? I can go to my blog page, and look at everyone's pages, but if I try to log in it freaks out and opens the about:blank page over and over (in the same page) and won't stop until I press stop several times. It never actually loads a page, it just trys loading it over and over really quickly and the page flashes like crazy. Anyway, it's annoying me and after searching the internet on how to fix it (spyware won't remove it), I have come to the conclusion that I can't fix it myself, I'm not computer savvy enough! And besides that, I've wasted enough time on it already... today I tried uninstalling Internet Explorer and reinstalling it, but it didn't fix it. ANNOYING!

So, now onto what I meant to post...

Christmas was pretty much the same routine as usual for us. We got up and took all of our presents over to my parent's and opened our stuff over there.

My sister and her family weren't able to come this year, so we got on Skype and they showed us what they got and we opened the things that she sent us, while they watched. We also opened a couple of the things my mom bought for them, since they were bigger items and she didn't want to send them in the mail (she'll get them when she comes in March). We teased the boys that if it was anything fun we'd open it and play with it until they came to get them. ;)

The day after Christmas (also my B-Day), we went up to Dave's parent's house and had the usual family get together lunch and did white elephant exchange and the kid's exchange. Jack and Ani had fun pushing the play strollers all over the house and all the kids got rides on Grandma's scooter (their favorite thing to do!).

Christmas was fun this year since the twins really liked opening presents and Aaralyn was excited to get her "horse that walks and you can bend it's legs and you can carry it to bed,"

Ani has loved her new "babies" and Jack enjoys playing with a few new boy toys, when Aaralyn isn't hoarding them in her room, like they are HERS!


I am glad that Christmas is over though, and now we can get back to normal! I finally got all my Christmas stuff put away about a week ago and before putting all my normal decorations back I decided to redecorate my front room, so that's my new project, which will probably be a work in progress for awhile- until I figure out everything I want to do.

Here's the wall hanging Dave cut out for me last weekend. I would have already been finished with it, but I painted part of the trim on it and went to paint another coat the next day and all the paint bubbled off of it! I was so annoyed! I bought the trim at D.I. and it had been stained, well, I guess the stain was an oil based paint or something, so the paint didn't stick like it should have. Anyway, long story short, I had to redo it, so I'm not finished painting it yet, but almost there... Once I'm done with it, my room will be completely finished... oh wait, I want to make new bedding, so not really... One day I will have my house entirely decorated and be happy with it! ...for about a week, then I'm sure I'll find a new project to do! ;)

We're also re-doing this head board and foot board we found on Craig's list for $11! I'll show pics of that when it's done.

Oh, and one last thing, I am SO bummed! One of my best friends and neighbors is moving up north! We hung out on New Years, went to dinner and played games with them. Here's some pics of them from our game... just for embarrassment! We will miss you guys and Aaralyn will especially miss hanging out with Sadie!

1 comment:

bussberg said...

Tasha- you are in trouble for posting those pics- I look retarded!! We will miss you too!!! Sadie will miss Aaralyn!!