Jack
Jack- trying to blow the seeds off of a dandelion. You can see some of them stuck to his lips, so cute! Don't mind the giant sun flare on him!
I haven't written much about the kids lately, so I guess it's time for an update.
Jack is my little Mr. Mischievous! The last month or so he's been able to open doors in the house, so now we can't keep him out of anything! He's constantly opening the fridge and finding whatever he can to eat. He will pull out carrot sticks and snack on those or help himself to unopened yogurt and make a huge mess before I see him. A couple days ago the twins had gotten into the fridge and shared a whole slice of bacon before I caught them with the package, trying to eat another piece! YUCK! Luckily they didn't get sick. Jack is always wanting something to eat and loves to sit up to the table like a big boy to eat his meals, and of course, he has to feed himself. Usually this results in a huge mess, but it makes him happy, so I just let him. The only help he will allow with eating, is me helping to put food on his fork or spoon, but after that much, he'll scream if I try to put it in his mouth! He HAS to do it himself!
I think I need to get some more door handle covers to keep Jack out of things. He's always getting into the hall closet and pulling the attachments off the vacuum and using them as weapons against his sisters. The long tub extension makes a great sword and he defends himself quite nicely against his bully sisters! We did put a handle cover on the pantry because no food was safe in there. I have my sugar and flour toward the bottom of the closet and the twins have both gotten into those several times.... not fun to clean up.
Jack is a pretty clean kid though, aside from eating. He loves to help me pick up toys or organize the laundry or any other type of sorting. He also loves to find garbage or other things around the house and put them away. I never tell him to do this, he'll just do it himself. This is not like my other kids, so I guess this is just his personality. It's so cute though!

Jack also likes to stay pretty clean (although he's still all boy and gets plenty dirty at times!). If he gets sticky hands he'll tell me so I can clean them off. He's not over the top crazy about things on his hands or anything, but he'll cock his head to the side and look at me with his big eyes and mumble something to me about his hands while holding them out for me to see. He'll also wake up in the morning and want me to immediately put his shoes on. For awhile it was his jacket too, but since it's hotter outside now he doesn't ask for it. I think he connected wearing a jacket and shoes with going outside and thought if he had them on that he would be able to go outside (as he says, "side?" "side?" all innocent and sweet).
Jack doesn't talk as much as Ani and is very quiet most of the time. He does say quite a few things, but if I ask him to say something he never will, he'll just look at me and get very quiet. So defiant! He loves to talk about "Kicket" (Cricket, my parent's dog), and "Papa" and he's always asking for "moe?" (more).
Jack and Ani are both in size 5 diapers, even though they aren't really in that weight range. Yes, we tried potty training for about a week and then decided to try again in awhile. They were doing pretty good, but then on about day 5 I got really sick (I think food poisoning) and was in bed all day and Dave was in the middle of projects (building Jack's bed) and didn't have all day to sit there and watch them every second, plus they also started getting sick and had diarrhea, which was not pretty without diapers! Needless to say, Dave made the decision to stop potty training for awhile. I think I would have done the same if I would have been "there" at all and not puking every 5 seconds.
(Jack, carrying around string cheese, asking me to open them for him)
Jack is still looking smaller than Aniston and much shorter, (standing next to each other, Jack looks several inches shorter than Aniston, and skinner, despite eating twice as much as her, and even sometimes me!) but we haven't had a doctor's appointment for awhile, so I'm not sure what their exact stats are. We'll find out in a month.
Jack currently has 14 teeth and I keeping wondering when he'll get those last two canines on the right side. I think he's had 14 teeth for at least the last 4 months, I'm sure those last two teeth have to be ready to come in soon!
Jack LOVES his blankets! I made these clipped, flannel and minky blankets before the twins were born, they are turquoise and brown and pink and brown, and Jack is always carrying one of his around, he'll even carry around the pink ones if he doesn't have the turquoise ones. I've noticed that he'll feel the soft minky squares while he is drinking his milk. It's so cute, but sometimes I get sick of having to bring blankets along and having him drag them and get them all dirty because he throws a fit if I take them away! Currently he is sitting on the floor next to me and drinking from his sippy cup and feeling his blanket. I think we might have a Linus on our hands! Haha.
Awhile ago I had posted that we put the twins on a mattress on the floor in their room and got rid of their cribs, but that didn't last very long because Jack was a biter at the time, so we put him back in a crib to separate them. He still likes his crib and I think it will be a little bit of a transition when we finally put in in his new big bed! Aniston, does however, like her bed (or rather, Jack's bed). She's been sleeping in the twin bed that Dave built a few weeks ago. I'm loving it! I'm so impressed with Dave's handy work (and my painting ;) ). One of these days we are probably going to move Aniston into Aaralyn's room and decorate Jack's room just for him. I bought a bunch of cute fabric to make a quilt for Jack's new bed, but I haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet. One of these days... 




1 comment:
Where did you go?? Your last post was a while ago! I was looking back at my very first blog post and how you had like 5 comments on it because I was a bad blogger, now it's you! I love Jack's bed by the way!
Post a Comment