Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Easter

Yes, I'm a bit behind! For Easter the kids got to have 4 different Easter Egg Hunts! Saturday morning we went early to the Hurricane egg hunt and the kids got their baskets full of Easter candy, which I STILL have a ton of, even after giving a bunch away to the neighbors.

Photobucket
Photobucket

After that we went to the Washington City hunt, which was pretty pathetic compared to the Hurrican one. The worst part was that the youngest group had about 1/4 of the area as all the other groups, so it was SO crowded! In that age group all the kids go in and the parents have to go with them to help them since they don't quite understand what to do, so there were twice as many people in there as any of the other groups, but 1/4 of the size! Anyway, the twins still got a bunch of candy. Aaralyn on the other hand... got none, not even one piece! Let me explain. They had candy plus Easter Eggs that had bigger prizes, but in her group there were only 4 filled eggs!!! Can you believe that! 4 eggs for a huge group of kids!? I don't know who planned that, but it was stupid. So anyway, Dave was standing with Aaralyn and she was pretty much the closest kid to one of the eggs, so Dave was telling her to get that one first. Well, she hurried as fast as she could, but several other kids, from like the other side, got there first! She was so mad that she didn't even want to pick up one other piece of candy! I don't know how she could be the closest kid and be the slowest to get there! She was pretty grumpy for awile after that. In the twins' group all the filled eggs were all on one side- the opposite side from where we were, so we didn't even attempt to get one. Anyway, the kids couldn't be too sad though because they still ended up with a ton of candy!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday we had an Easter Egg Hunt at our house, to Dave's surprise, since he thought that "our Easter bunny" hadn't gotten any candy or surprises because there was going to be a hunt at my mom's house. Really babe? Could I not do one for the kids? C'mon! You should know me better than that... He and I don't always have the same ideas about birthdays and holidays! He's more on the side of "who cares?" and "do we really need to make such a big deal of it?" Well, when I'm planning it, yes, we do! ;) So the egg hunt at our house wasn't a huge deal this year, but they each got a good present and a bunch of candy. Aaralyn got a little swimming pool, Jack got a couple little toys and a push broom (cuz he loves to sweep!) and Aniston got a purple scooter (she was the only one who didn't have one yet since she didn't care quite as much as Jack up until recently, now that she's figured out how to maneuver it).
Photobucket

Later, we went to my mom's house and had another hunt. The kids got to search all over the yard and find eggs hidden EVERYWHERE! The Easter bunny over there was much more generous and hides money in the eggs along with the candy!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pretty flowers at my mom's house.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ani's cute hair for Easter.

1 comment:

ADAMS FAMILY said...

Rodger is the same with birthday's and holidays...if I left it up to him we wouldn't even celebrate any of it...me on the other hand I LOVE birthday's and holiday's that I tend to go "overboard" according to Rodger. Your pictures are cute and it looks like your kids had fun!