November so far...

My mom and I were scoping out a place to take family pictures for when my sister comes down. She's not coming for Thanksgiving now, so we probably won't go here, since Christmas time it won't be pretty fall colors anymore, but it was fun to get some of us anyway.
It's weird, after looking through these pictures on my computer I noticed a goldfish in the river in this picture! I'm surprised we didn't see it while we were there!
The other day I hear Jack in the kitchen crying. We go in and this is what we found. Jack had gotten into the corner cabinet and had gotten stuck. That child drives me crazy some days because he has an OBSESSION with anything that has a cord and likes to drag my appliances around the house, like my Magic Bullet or the waffle iron or the blender. I have to put them all back in the cupboard several times a day. And if it's not the things in that cupboard it's the laptop cord or anything else that has a cord, or anything that beeps, like my cordless clock (which is never set to the right time because he carries it around and pushes the buttons and gets it all messed up!). I think this child should be an electrician!
I've stayed busy this month fixing up my bedroom. I've gotten so many great ideas from my friend's decorating website, and have wanted to redecorate for awhile, so I've finally gotten around to it! I started by making the little pictures on either side of our bed. They are made from 2" thick foam board, cut in squares and covered in textured paintable wall paper, then I painted them turquoise and brown. I found some cute vases at DI (the milk glasses) and painted some plain ones I already had to look like Mercury glass. I also found an ugly birdcage at DI that I refinished and painted turquoise. I also refinished my dresser by painting it white. I have wanted to do this forever, to match my night stands that we painted a couple years ago, but I finally got over being scared of ruining it, and just did it. I LOVE it! I'm so happy with how it turned out! I'll have to take a picture of it finished.
Lastly, I added a huge "headboard" to the wall with fabric and framed it out with some trim. I have an idea of a picture I want to put inside there, but I just haven't had time to do it yet. Maybe next week after Thanksgiving is over.
I've also been working on more pendants. I did this one for a client, maybe they'll get it before Christmas... haha. I've been waiting to give it to them because I want to take a picture of it hanging on a Christmas tree for my photography website, but my tree isn't up yet... probably either tomorrow or Saturday. Anyway, it'll be up this weekend. I can't wait! I got some new decorations last year after Christmas and I'm excited to decorate my tree this year! I think this year I shouldn't buy anything new because I already have a couple sets of decorations... Maybe I just need another tree so I can use them all!!! Haha.
I didn't get any pictures, but this month for our Bunco group we had a Twilight themed party and went to New Moon on opening night. It was so much fun! The girl who hosted it decorated her garage like La Push beach and had all sorts of fun New Moon themed food and snacks and decoations. We all went to the movie after playing Bunco and we all enjoyed watching it together! It's much more fun with a bunch of girls who really get into it! I loved this movie! I would see it again, but I'll probably wait until it comes out on video.
Also this month... I've been busy with volleyball. I'm on a city league team with a couple girls from my neighborhood, plus a few other girls. We've done pretty well for never playing together before. It's been a lot of fun, and it's a nice break to get out of the house and get some good exercise! I also played on our ward volleyball team which took region, or county or something... anyway, we went as far as we could go and won it all!!! Yay! We rocked! Just about everyone that played in the tournament also currently plays on city league teams, so we were all good, and all but one or two of the girls played in high school. It's fun living in such a fun ward! Good job CC4! Oh, anyone have the pictures we took after we won? I need to steal some off of someone's blog.

1 comment:
lol i have to laugh at your kid getting stuck in the cupboard -- our little girl does it all the time! She wedges herself into/under/on top of something and then gets stuck.
Her solution? Scream until she is rescued. Does she stop? Nope :)
Post a Comment