Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Zions and other random things...

There was a major lightning storm about a week ago, so I had to take a few pictures. I went just down the street from our house so I could see better and sat in the car and took pictures. Well, while I was taking them lightning struck really close to me. I was looking through my lens, so I couldn't tell exactly where it hit, but the first picture shows that it was pretty close! I think it may have hit a truck next to me or something. It was super bright and really loud!

Random pictures of Aaralyn with her hair fixed cute. The next picture is from Zions, I would have put it with the others below, but I missed it, so it's on here.

The picture with Dave and the old truck- it's kinda a long story... Haha! We went up to Summit, where Dave's parents live, and I really wanted to try taking a family picture. I had brought my lights and everything, but Dave was being stubborn, so I settled for just a few quick shots of him and the kids. We just went across the street to this old house and found these cool old trucks. I took a couple pictures and Dave decided to look under the hood of one of them. I look down and see all these flies, so I bend over to get a closer look and realize they weren't black, they were yellow and before it registered what they were one was flying at my face and had stung me! I guess there was a bee hive or a hornet's nest under the hood of the truck, so Dave disturbed them when he opened it. He should have gotten stung too. He said he felt something on his hand when he was going to open it, but he pulled his hand away not knowing what it was (probably thinking a spider). Luckily the hood wouldn't open and I was the only one who got stung! I was holding Jack and Dave was standing on the other side holding Aniston. Aaralyn wasn't too far away either. It scares me to think, what if those had been African bees!? I hope I never come in contact with those! I'm annoyed because I had Dave take a picture of my swollen lip after it happened, but somehow I deleted the picture off my card when I was editing them and just realized it when I was putting them on here. It was weird because the swelling went away later that night, but came back the next day- for church! The day after that it was still looking a little puffy! Maybe that was because it itched so I kept scratching it- maybe somehow it released more of the stuff in there... who knows, but if it had been more even on my lip it would have looked like I had gotten collagen injections! Not my first choice for a temporary lip plumper! Haha.

Last weekend we went with our neighbors up to Zion. It was fun, we went up to the Narrows and hiked up the trail and let the kids play in the stream a bit. Later we went and ate at Oscars in Springdale. Of course I got more pictures of everyone else than my own family!
We saw a big, fat squirrel on the trail, so I got a few pictures of it. The girls got really close and it didn't care. Adam even pet it! It was probably just waiting for someone to pull out some food for it. The left picture- I got about a foot from it and it just stared at me... maybe it was posing! It sure was cute though!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ouch a bee sting on your lip doesn't sound fun. I've been stung before, but always on the feet and it hurts. Cute pics.

Cami and Mitch said...

Looking at your pictures makes me really want to hike Zions!