Monday, August 24, 2009

Random Stuff

We had our first softball game last week and we WON! Yay! I wasn't very excited about playing because it's definitely not my sport, but it was a lot of fun! I even got a run in for our team! I'm not great, but I'm learning, and hopefully after a few games I will get better! (Picture was from the batting cages.)

We've been able to go swimming quite a bit the last couple weeks, and Aaralyn has FINALLY gotten comfortable enough to jump off the side now! She's quite the chicken when it comes to new things, places, people... anything really. I don't know why, but after throwing her up in the air a few times and totally dunking her (in her tube), she decided that she actually LIKED it! Her and Sadie and Ailee had fun jumping off the side together and having us throw them up in the air. (These pictures were from another day.)

Pictures from the Fair-


We went with our neighbors and rode a few rides. I cannot believe how expensive the rides are! Four dollars for the Farris Wheel!? Are you kidding!? Aaralyn had a blast riding a few rides and Dave even went on a couple. Aaralyn really wanted to ride the Farris Wheel, but we didn't have time. After that we all went and watched the demolition derby (which I didn't take any pictures of... ahh!). It was so much fun! Luckily my mom was nice enough to come get the kids half way through it because they weren't having much fun sitting there in such a crowded area!

It seems like I never take pictures of my own kids because I am always busy taking pictures of
other kids, so I got a few of Aaralyn (and of course "Horsey") the other day before a session.
I love this one! My little girl is growing up so much! I wonder if Aniston is going to look like her because they look so much alike as babies, and even now Aniston looks like Aaralyn's baby pictures.

I don't know what was up with this girl, but we gave her a fry and she threw up all over in her carseat! I don't think she even took one bite, she must have gagged herself with it though. As soon as she threw up we could smell it, so I looked back at her and had quite the surprise. We couldn't get home fast enough because it STUNK up the car! Dave and I didn't even want to unbuckle her before cleaning it off the carseat so Dave decided to wash her and her seat out on the grass. Poor girl didn't like that very much. All I can say is YUCK! This has got to be worse than baby spit-up!

Oh, and notice how she is still in an infant carseat?! I think it's time to switch them... I have just been holding off because I hate having to spend so much money on two new carseats! I think we're going to buy another one like Aaralyn's and the twins will use those two, then buy Aaralyn a booster seat.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

yuck about the carseats. Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun. We went to the fair Wed night and the tickets were only 50 cents. So McKenna got to go on 10 rides!! (Wed was "Family Night" at the fair.) I'm definitely going early next time too.